Does Barzal deserve a suspension? (Update: fined $5k)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It was a glove shove to the helmet with incidental, light stick contact to the face. Rutta faked his injury. Knew that he got under a superstars skin and can now take him out of some games.

Minutes before this, Nelson took a strong cross check to the face that went uncalled, unnoticed cause Nelson didn’t fake an injury.

Complete travesty if Barzal sits a game for this. And proof of more League bias and corruption.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
If Barzal gets suspended for that, bring in the Replacements because 3/4 of the players have gotten gloves up in the face.

GTFO out of here, Grandstanding OP.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Rutta sold that like an Italian soccer player, and you know that.

Doesn't matter if he did. Not a single iota. What matters is it was a cross check to the head. The reaction has absolutely nothing to do with the act.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
5 and a game I think is fine personally…. I think refs got it right and I don’t think the league needs to step in
Yeah agreed. I didn't think it was that bad because it was during a scuffle. The suspensions I've seen are usually more deliberate. If he does get anything I think it would only be one game. Definitely not as bad as Kadri's.

Reactions: Getz2noone

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Two minute minor at most. At least that's what it should have been.

Many worse plays go uncalled in the league.

Suspension? Lmfao, gtfo with that BS

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nelson’s dive was at least 4.5 Neymars out of 5.

Rutta might have actually hit his head but otherwise it’s at least 3.5 Neymars.

Reactions: Fatass

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
After crosschecking Lazar in the face for no reason last round, he deserves something. Enough hiding behind his stick...

Barzal is one of the last players to be playing this type of game. He needs a message from the league. The fines are laughable but I doubt the NHL will suspend NYI's main offensive threat at this point in the series.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Absolutely not. If he gets suspended this league has really fallen far. Dumb play but should've just been a 2min. minor and move on. 5 and game AND a suspension? Lol.

Reactions: Ignite111

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's tough to say. Personally, I'd lean towards yes because I hate seeing crap like that's done purely out of frustration. But considering history, context and stakes, I can't see the league doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad