Does Barzal deserve a suspension? (Update: fined $5k)

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Niskanen on Gallagher last year was far more malicious and only got 1 game. Based on that standard game misconduct and a fine is what would be called. I'd be okay with him getting a game though in a Vaccuum, course these playoffs aren't in a vaccuum.

clemmy

Apr 11, 2021
Think it will be a fine.

That said, I think that it’s possible that the real damage done to Rutta was planting face first into the ice with Barzal on top. Hard to tell.

Reactions: abo9

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
Love Barzal's game. He's everything I admire in terms of skating, skill, competitiveness, and defensive awareness. But that was a selfish, dangerous play. He needs to sit for the rest of the series.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Almost identical to what he did to Lazar in Bruins series which only drew a 2 min minor, so I don’t think he gets more than a fine for this one.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Love Barzal's game. He's everything I admire in terms of skating, skill, competitiveness, and defensive awareness. But that was a selfish, dangerous play. He needs to sit for the rest of the series.

Tend to agree and I’m an Avs fan cheering for the Islanders against the Bolts. No respect for Bolts either going with PP1 on the major like that with the game already well in hand. Needless and classless.

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Indeed it was a crosscheck into the head, with the intent to hurt/injure the other player. 1 game should be forthcoming, which shall be all that's needed to put out the candle of the Isles for good.
What were the 5 or so cross checks from Rutta about prior?

Sold that like an absolute melt, the call is ridiculous. That’s not a suspension.

Reactions: cavs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad