Does anyone know what’s actually going on with Elias Pettersson?

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Many players with concussion issues seems to be taking a hit, Something for the league to investigate.
Look more close to those who use uneccesary violience to players.

What Matheson did for some years ago, was cheered by many as "finnishng a check". I wouldnt like to call "throwing a player to the ground unprotected" a check. The canadian mentality is also wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 604 and LordBacon

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Many players with concussion issues seems to be taking a hit, Something for the league to investigate.
Look more close to those who use uneccesary violience to players.

What Matheson did for some years ago, was cheered by many as "finnishng a check". I wouldnt like to call "throwing a players to the ground unprotected" a check. The canadian mentality is also wrong.
Oh yeah I agree with this 100%.
Idk why but generally speaking, most men in NA are obsessed with being “macho and manly”. Even when somethings have absolutely nothing to do with it. Seems pretty stupid to me.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Cancel Canadian culture and all manly men! Yay for 2021!

Petterson was 6'2.5 162 pounds his rookie year, there was always a good chance he would get hurt, it's why he was ranked as low as he was by most

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Everyone needs to relax. Pettersson was happy as a clam last year in the post season. The team had a bad year, where he was injured throughout it, and now people think he wants out? Don’t be so damn negative. More realistically Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Horvat, etc. are going into this off-season with a chip on their shoulders, not thinking of how they can get out after a single bad season.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Everyone needs to relax. Pettersson was happy as a clam last year in the post season. The team had a bad year, where he was injured throughout it, and now people think he wants out? Don’t be so damn negative. More realistically Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Horvat, etc. are going into this off-season with a chip on their shoulders, not thinking of how they can get out after a single bad season.
Maybe they could work on their defensive play.:sarcasm:

Reactions: mathonwy

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I largely agree with the above post. I have 0 reason to believe Petey wants out and there isnt a legitimate report I've seen that theres anything to the contrary. Also his end of season interview was all about the team and was very open and honest about the details of his injury and his goals for the off season. Once the bubbles break and fans are back in the arena and things are back to normal I'm sure his mojo will be back. Kid always fed off the crowd. Hope his contact gets done sooner than later so they can avoid offer sheets though.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Cancel Canadian culture and all manly men! Yay for 2021!

Petterson was 6'2.5 162 pounds his rookie year, there was always a good chance he would get hurt, it's why he was ranked as low as he was by most

Yes, that is also something to remember.
We cant cancel all rough parts of the game.
But bodyslam/headslam players to the ice, with their heads first - calling that a body check? Not exactly.
Thats a 10 min penalty right there.

Watch a documentary about Kevin Stevens if you still are a fan.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Yes, that is also something to remember.
We cant cancel all rough parts of the game.
But bodyslam/headslam players to the ice, with their heads first - calling that a body check? Not exactly.
Thats a 10 min penalty right there.

Watch a documentary about Kevin Stevens if you still are a fan.
Bure on Churla? Forsberg on any number of players.
The slams are what happens when boys play with men and when players are used to playing with little or no hitting.
Even Lindros got rocked a lot because when he was learning he was the biggest guy on the ice and no one was big enough to move him. Get to the NHL and a different story.
The "rough" part of the game is not being taught so much to Euros.

In the past teams had a "sheep dog" to do "over watch".

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Bure on Churla? Forsberg on any number of players.
The slams are what happens when boys play with men and when players are used to playing with little or no hitting.
Even Lindros got rocked a lot because when he was learning he was the biggest guy on the ice and no one was big enough to move him. Get to the NHL and a different story.

In the past teams had a "sheep dog" to do "over watch".
Lindros got rocked because he kept his head down.

That and Scott Stevens got his defensive partner to "funnel players towards him" so he could lay a headshot on the unsuspecting player.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Lindros got rocked because he kept his head down.

That and Scott Stevens got his defensive partner to "funnel players towards him" so he could lay a headshot on the unsuspecting player.
You got it but Stevens was just the most famous? hit.
But any player knows crossing the middle can be hazardous, at least it used to be and then came Rome and it has been outlawed pretty much now. If a player has his head down he gets a pass because he is defenceless. So bad teaching gets an advantage.
The same players got rocked over and over again Horton, Clark, both Lindros, Primeau .... mostly they were the product of bad coaching when young or were the biggest kids on the ice all the time, man sized vs boys.
I wonder how many coaches teach the kids to get close to the boards when taking a hit?

Reactions: Hit the post

Love

Feb 29, 2012
You insinuated that Doerrie was a nobody and not a credible source and someone 'looking to make a name for themselves' when in fact she's a very prominent/credible source who has worked in an NHL front office.

I don’t see how being an analyst with the Devils two years ago gives her the inside scoop that Pettersson was healthy but refused to play and the Sedins were brought in to mend the relationship. I don’t buy it for a second and I don’t think she’s credible.

If she’s so credible why isn’t Drance reporting it? Dhaliwal? Sekeres? Anyone? Sounds like she’s making shit up to me because if what she’s saying has even a sliver of truth to it, it would be HUGE news in Vancouver.

Reactions: JimmyJiveJones

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

81% of NHL players are North American.

Yet...

PlayerTeamGPTOIHits
Radko Gudas
FLA54948:45250
Brady Tkachuk
OTT561020:52248
Jani Hakanpaa
CAR571027:12215
Rasmus Ristolainen
BUF491092:00193
Josh Archibald
EDM52704:19192
Cal Clutterbuck
NYI50671:34191
Nikita Zadorov
CHI551056:16190
Matt Martin
NYI54597:44181
Garnet Hathaway
WAS55689:55179
Adam Larsson
EDM561100:15166
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I think this stereotype of the soft skilled euros vs manly NA players can be put to rest.

I've been arguing against it for a long while but it just does not want to die.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad