Does anyone know what’s actually going on with Elias Pettersson?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Forgive me and delete the thread if I just missed the memo with this one, but has his injury ever actually been disclosed?

Kinda makes you wonder. Is this a very serious injury? What play did it happen on? I cannot recall another situation like this ever with the Canucks where:

1. The teams best player gets injured but nobody knows when it happened and what the injury even is

2. Nobody in the Vancouver media cares or has even batted an eye at how strange this is

I can’t be the only one thinking this? What is going on? Does he need surgery? Is he even in Vancouver anymore? IIRC at the beginning of his injury he was day to day... that was months ago.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Of course this is the Canucks Franchise and it isn't so simple. In order to risk long term injury and a lower draft position they will allow the following:

Reactions: lindgren and Love

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Shows how limp and ineffective the media is when the franchise player in a major market has been out for months and nobody has a clue what’s going on.

It really is pathetic. It’s as if the entire media forgot that the face of the franchise hasn’t been showing up to work for months now and never cared to ask why.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Of course this is the Canucks Franchise and it isn't so simple. In order to risk long term injury and a lower draft position they will allow the following:

DAMN I hope he comes back and hits those bonuses. You know Aquaman doesn’t want to sign those cheques.

Reactions: mossey3535

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
DAMN I hope he comes back and hits those bonuses. You know Aquaman doesn’t want to sign those cheques.
Also gives Benning less money to waste on an unneeded Ufa this summer that will cripple the franchise for several more years

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
If he hits those bonuses, that's $500K they won't be able to pay him next year. there's some irony in that....

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
When it comes to disclosing or updating injury information, the Canucks have the credibility of Sadam Hussein's information minister.

Everybody knows it's a wrist injury, and they can be notoriously slow to heal. But I suspect if the Canucks were involved in any serious playoff race he'd be out there trying to gut through it.

You just hope this injury isn't similar to the one Boeser had. He struggled with it for two seasons or so and then had surgery. It would be typical if Pettersson tried to rehab the injury for half the summer and then had surgery anyway, missing training camp and the first 20 games next season.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
According to Ray Ferraro..the wrist is an incredibly delicate, and complicated part of the anatomy.(I never knew that)..and having surgery isn't necessarily the best option to healing a fracture....So, it looks like they are not going the surgery route, and letting Mother Nature take care of it.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
According to Ray Ferraro..the wrist is an incredibly delicate, and complicated part of the anatomy.(I never knew that)..and having surgery isn't necessarily the best option to healing a fracture....So, it looks like they are not going the surgery route, and letting Mother Nature take care of it.

Yup, so in summary, what you are saying is that with an injury like this, the deadline for his return is based on Pettersson achieving his performance bonuses.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
At this point...I am expecting one of Hughes or EP to hold out until Nov or Dec. Also expecting Miller to request for a trade.
I think Pettersson will get offer sheets this summer. Whether or not he accepts them is a different story, but I think he'll be getting them.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yup, so in summary, what you are saying is that with an injury like this, the deadline for his return is based on Pettersson achieving his performance bonuses.
You said that..which is par for the course in trying way too hard to 'manufacture' a conspiracy theory ..He was never going to hit performance bonus' this season..For the first 3 weeks he was 5th in team scoring.

I'd say it comes down to the fact, that this is a crap season with no fans or revenue, and a team overcoming covid fatigue..There's no urgency to get him in the lineup at all....Let him heal through the off season, and be ready to go for next training camp

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
You said that..which is par for the course in trying way too hard to 'manufacture' a conspiracy theory ..He was never going to hit performance bonus' this season..For the first 3 weeks he was 5th in team scoring.

With your experience with watching Team FAQ, you still cannot arrange the pieces to predict feature events. It is becoming rather obvious.

Here is the prediction: Pettersson will try to comeback for the final 3 games. If he scores 4 goals in those 3 games he will earn close to 500k. That's on top of the other 2 bonuses he would get.

If it doesn't not happen is was a bad rumour, a bad prediction or the intentions was there but they just could not pull it off given Dr. Ferraro's diagnosis.

Doesn't make it a conspiracy; that would be a theory it is a conspiracy theory but this remains unprovable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad