Does anyone know what’s actually going on with Elias Pettersson?

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I listened to the podcast with Rachel Doerrie. Interesting stuff. Don't know how good her sources are but lots of grist for the mill. Best thing was I learned about the German word "Verschlimmbesserung". The Canucks version is Weisbrodbenningrung.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
pretty normal for a guy with a wrist injury to be able to play if needed but better to rest it if not, especially when trying to avoid surgery. nothing scandalous about that.

that being said, i think anybody watching could see drama early in the season in which ep and miller seemed to be involved, and ep's agent swap seemed like a statement. i think most people assumed it was all about being mad about player departures and not being good.

it would be pretty tragic if it turned out to be dissent within the room.

Seems pretty unhappy to me.

Would you be surprised if he wanted out?

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
If I was nursing an injury, I wouldn't come back either for that joke of season ending schedule.

He sounded pretty normal in his exit interview, talked about being excited to get a new contract done, but letting his agent deal with it.

Reactions: mossey3535

BrilliantBroReferee

May 18, 2021
He is leaving money on the table to sit. It is within his rights to try to force a change or force his way out of the team by not playing. I dont like it either, but that is the only power EP holds in this situation.

He would have got games played bonuses, that he didnt get.

And absolutely these are just rumours and should be taken with a grain of salt. But there is a whole lot of smoke there. I dont remember the players talking so openly what they want the management to do. Green, Ian Clarke, Tanev / Marky / Toffoli etc. etc. etc.

There is a whole lot of smoke.
If Petey demands a trade, Jim needs to be run out of town by the fans. I doubt this happens. |It's just speculation

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Wouldn't it just be a perfectly fitting thing for the Cancuks to have both EP and QH both get traded out this off season?

I mean, think about it, it just fits. Things look good? Let's have something really crazy and bad happen.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
No one looks happy playing here lol
upload_2021-5-22_3-10-48.png

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I'm no Laffs fans or anything but I respect that they are updating Tavares's status with the hockey world. Nothing to hide, it's just straight up facts, for example they even disclose he also suffered a knee injury? What the hell, a long with the concussion. Look at the stupid Canucks. No f in clue, no respect for the fans. If it's someone like Eliass Pettersson the fans have the right to know what the injury is. It's not like the GM's will use that as leverage against Benning, unless Benning is that easy to con. No respect from Jim Benning and the Canucks so whatever. I am done with this team. I will check scores and highlites but I don't think I will be watching the Canucks anymore or buying tickets or their merch. I might get the Pettersson funko pop and that's it, but I'm kinda done with this team. There is really no hope.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
EP seemed fine in the post-season meetings.

I listened to the podcast - lots of speculation thrown out there but little substance. I think it's possible - maybe even likely - that EP did not want to come back until he was 100% while in a normal year he would have risked it at 80/90%. But with a team going nowhere and in a contract year, you can't risk playing poorly or re-injuring yourself.

I expect him back on a bridge deal (7 mil, 1-2 years) and everything will be fine.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

I listened to the podcast - lots of speculation thrown out there but little substance. I think it's possible - maybe even likely - that EP did not want to come back until he was 100% while in a normal year he would have risked it at 80/90%. But with a team going nowhere and in a contract year, you can't risk playing poorly or re-injuring yourself.

I expect him back on a bridge deal (7 mil, 1-2 years) and everything will be fine.

He is making sure his wrist is in pristine condition to sign that offer sheet from Seattle. :sarcasm:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
What kinds of contracts do you guys think he and Hughes are getting? Bridge deals?

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

Doubt that. If he could have gone he would have. He was 3 games out from a bonus.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Team might have told him to sit down. No tickets to sell.

Reactions: Homer J Benning

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Who the hell is Rachel Doerrie lol.

Sounds like someone who’s trying to make a name for themselves. Disregard.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Team might have told him to sit down. No tickets to sell.
It could also be worse than any of us are thinking, and he might not even be ready to start next season. Season tickets to sell
...and those shit-eating liars absolutely would try to pull a fast one on their faithful fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad