Does anyone know what’s actually going on with Elias Pettersson?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Anyone catch his presser today?
“It’s been tough, it’s just been the same stuff over and over again. Go to the rink, work out, go to practice. And then you go home and you do nothing for the rest of the day. So it’s been like a bubble all again. But I mean I’m just happy we’ve been able to play hockey. I’m living a great life. I love the life I’m living, living the dream so I’m not the one to complain with the situation we’ve been having in this pandemic. We’ve been able to play hockey. So, it’s tough but not as tough as you think, so it’s been good.”..EP..May 20/21

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Holy shit;

Rachel Dorrie said EP was fine to play since the the COVID fiasco of the team, but his agent just said "nope."

And she thinks one of the main reasons the Sedins were brought in was to try and mend the relationship with EP. At around ~20min.

‎Point Shot: Episode 17- Verschlimmbesserung on Apple Podcasts
Im pretty sure petey actually talked about how his wrist is still not 100% and he is still having trouble on the ice with it during his presser. Perhaps maybe his agent told him to say that at his presser then? I have heard JP barrie is pretty ruthless as an agent.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Im pretty sure petey actually talked about how his wrist is still not 100% and he is still having trouble on the ice with it during his presser. Perhaps maybe his agent told him to say that at his presser then? I have heard JP barrie is pretty ruthless as an agent.

I mean could be his wrist is only 99,9% sure.

But she was pretty adamant that had the Canucks been in contention Petey would have played for sure.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Holy shit;

Rachel Doerrie said EP was fine to play since the the COVID fiasco of the team, but his agent just said "nope."

And she thinks one of the main reasons the Sedins were brought in was to try and mend the relationship with EP. At around ~20min.

‎Point Shot: Episode 17- Verschlimmbesserung on Apple Podcasts
She made some incredibly bold (bordering on libellous) statements.
I'm not sure what to think. Alarming if true. Particularly about J.T. Miller being an anti-masker.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
wait what? why would his agent say no?
This offseason is going to go worse than most fans are expecting.

This season was a disaster on so many fronts, keeping Benning is almost an insult to both players and fans.

Actually important veteran leadership treated like shit and let walk for nothing, including mtl leading scorer, instead Virtanen and pearson, covid fiasco, Green fiasco, 2 years away from contention when all our best players on elcs, management clearly imbeciles....

Pretty sure more than 2 players aren't exactly thrilled to be here, and definitely more than enough has happened to justify their feelings.

This offseason is literally crucial, and we already know hownits going to turn out, every other year has been pathetically predictable.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
She made some incredibly bold (bordering on libellous) statements.
I'm not sure what to think. Alarming if true. Particularly about J.T. Miller being an anti-masker.

I was especially suprised how hard she went after her former employers in New Jersey D.

This happens all the time how's it news? Players take risks to win not to just play when they aren't in contention.

Oh. No reason.

All is fine.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
From what I understood. Management wanted him to play, EP, through his agent said no way.

So Elias Pettersson all of a sudden just doesn't want to play because he's unhappy according to what she thinks?

for me, it's this. The players have every right to be unhappy with the management, but I don't think it's the right for them to just "stop" playing and quit on the team. Hey great if he doesn't like management, I don't think any player is impressed with him (Benning) not an action I agree with if EP was the one that just doesn't want to play. If he wants to be traded he should just do it through that avenue instead of quitting on the team.

but for now, I will just take that as a grain of salt.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
So Elias Pettersson all of a sudden just doesn't want to play because he's unhappy according to what she thinks?

for me, it's this. The players have every right to be unhappy with the management, but I don't think it's the right for them to just "stop" playing and quit on the team. Hey great if he doesn't like management, I don't think any player is impressed with him (Benning) not an action I agree with if EP was the one that just doesn't want to play. If he wants to be traded he should just do it through that avenue instead of quitting on the team.

but for now, I will just take that as a grain of salt.

He is leaving money on the table to sit. It is within his rights to try to force a change or force his way out of the team by not playing. I dont like it either, but that is the only power EP holds in this situation.

He would have got games played bonuses, that he didnt get.

And absolutely these are just rumours and should be taken with a grain of salt. But there is a whole lot of smoke there. I dont remember the players talking so openly what they want the management to do. Green, Ian Clarke, Tanev / Marky / Toffoli etc. etc. etc.

There is a whole lot of smoke.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He is leaving money on the table to sit. It is within his rights to try to force a change or force his way out of the team by not playing. I dont like it either, but that is the only power EP holds in this situation.

He would have got games played bonuses, that he didnt get.

And absolutely these are just rumours and should be taken with a grain of salt. But there is a whole lot of smoke there. I dont remember the players talking so openly what they want the management to do. Green, Ian Clarke, Tanev / Marky / Toffoli etc. etc. etc.

There is a whole lot of smoke.

It be funny if Pettersson demands a trade.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Listen to the podcast your self and make up your own mind?

It was not in a vacuum. According to her, there is a falling out between management and EP.
Enhhhh, she didn't go nearly that far. She just implied that EP is unimpressed (my words, not hers) and that he preferred to sit out even though he probably could have played if the team really needed him to. And honestly, I don't think this part was particularly controversial... the sensible among us have speculated that for a long time, but were hoping he would heal up rather than come back into the lineup in a lost season.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Enhhhh, she didn't go nearly that far. She just implied that EP is unimpressed (my words, not hers) and that he preferred to sit out even though he probably could have played if the team really needed him to. And honestly, I don't think this part was particularly controversial... the sensible among us have speculated that for a long time, but were hoping he would heal up rather than come back into the lineup in a lost season.

I dont remember it that way.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
pretty normal for a guy with a wrist injury to be able to play if needed but better to rest it if not, especially when trying to avoid surgery. nothing scandalous about that.

that being said, i think anybody watching could see drama early in the season in which ep and miller seemed to be involved, and ep's agent swap seemed like a statement. i think most people assumed it was all about being mad about player departures and not being good.

it would be pretty tragic if it turned out to be dissent within the room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad