Does anyone know what’s actually going on with Elias Pettersson?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I don’t think it was anything controversial. The team wasn’t in the running so he sat out which is quite normal. The Sedins being brought in to be a bridge or management has been what has been reported many times.

Fiasco Aquilini knows he screwed up but can’t replace his puppet GM because no one will take the job without assurances of autonomy. He’d lose his play thing. So he has to make a gesture to the players with the Sedins.

The only shocking thing here remains why the Sedins would be doing this.

Reactions: mathonwy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He said in the end of the season interview that he would be ready to go next season, yes.
I don't care what 'he' said. If Canuck luck on injuries holds true to form, he'll try and rehab the injury all summer unsuccessfully and then opt for surgery a month before training camp. And thereby miss the first couple of months of the season.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I didn't really take issue with what doerie said. It may have been true that pettersson could have played if he wanted to but instead chose to not worsen his injury by playing meaningless games. I think that's a good thing.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
I don't care what 'he' said. If Canuck luck on injuries holds true to form, he'll try and rehab the injury all summer unsuccessfully and then opt for surgery a month before training camp. And thereby miss the first couple of months of the season.
He also said he is specifically having trouble with his wrist on the ice and with the stick which is quite worrisome. Especially seeing as brocks own wrist injury was hampering him until this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad