Do you still want to trade Vanek/Miller?

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
FYI. I wonder whether a) this is true; and b) if true, how iron clad these arrangements are. Regehr waived his a couple years ago to come to Buffalo, albeit under different circumstances.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 5m
Note with trade talk, #Sabres Ryan Miller does have a limited no trade clause and #Oilers are one of the teams on his no trade list.

Its up to Ryan Miller. Edmonton stinking right now doesnt help.

I still believe its Washington or Philly for Ryan Miller, I could see vanek also going to these teams.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
FYI. I wonder whether a) this is true; and b) if true, how iron clad these arrangements are. Regehr waived his a couple years ago to come to Buffalo, albeit under different circumstances.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 5m
Note with trade talk, #Sabres Ryan Miller does have a limited no trade clause and #Oilers are one of the teams on his no trade list.

Don't believe it. After his antics on Tuesday and Wednesday, I take anything Kypreos says with a huge dump of horse ****.

Haven't we gone through this before? How does HE know who's on Millers NTC? I'm fairly certain only Ryan and Regier know, unless someone from Edmonton is spilling this right and left.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
I'm going to sit here and wait for Bobby Mac to come in and tell everyone they just got trolled, Hard.

Regardless this is soo juicy to eat up right now.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Don't believe it. After his antics on Tuesday and Wednesday, I take anything Kypreos says with a huge dump of horse ****.

Haven't we gone through this before? How does HE know who's on Millers NTC? I'm fairly certain only Ryan and Regier know, unless someone from Edmonton is spilling this right and left.

I dont see how anyone would make up what he said. What probably happened is his source told him to slow down.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There are few ancillary pieces in a major move that I'd be loathe to see leave. Mark Pysyk is at the very top of that list, on the top shelf, hidden behind the cookie jar and in a small, locked container with only one key. And wrapped in duct tape. Made of kevlar.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Dream on.

Miller, Pysyk, and a 2nd for Yakupov if the Oilers panic and Miller waives.

Maybe.

I think our values were pretty similar.

Subtract a 1st coming back, add Pysyk and subtract Vanek.

The implication is that Vanek is worth Pysyk and a 1st.

Given what Pommers got, I would have to say that's likely.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Darcy would be an idiot to pass up Miller and Pysyk for Yakupov.

Personally I put Pysyk's value to be not far off for Yak. Pysyk is going to be a damned stud.

Yak obviously has more value from a draft position perspective, but in reality, I find them to be pretty close.

We're dealing from a position of strength to address a position of weakness.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I have enjoyed being SOOO wrong about Pysyk so far.... He is looking very much like the ideal #2 defensemen. With a game so well rounded, that he can be paired with any time of player. Perfect piece to any puzzle

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
There are few ancillary pieces in a major move that I'd be loathe to see leave. Mark Pysyk is at the very top of that list, on the top shelf, hidden behind the cookie jar and in a small, locked container with only one key. And wrapped in duct tape. Made of kevlar.
Pretty much how i feel.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
I have enjoyed being SOOO wrong about Pysyk so far.... He is looking very much like the ideal #2 defensemen. With a game so well rounded, that he can be paired with any time of player. Perfect piece to any puzzle

Yak is really talented, but I'm not sure I give up that stability for someone with the baggage that Yakupov has.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

He reminds me of tallinder; tall, fast, active stick, and extremely smart defensively.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I wonder if we can work Jairus Byrd into possible deals here. Assuming Byrd will resign wherever he goes. Something like Byrd/Miller for a stud prospect. Does Edmonton have a CFL team?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Despite the fact that our 4th line would be AWESOME with Grigs and Yak on it, I'd keep Pysyk.

I wouldn't deal Pysyk, either.

I was just throwing out what I think it would take to land Yakupov if that is who the Sabres are targetting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad