Do you still want to trade Vanek/Miller?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Kypreos reported that Edmonton is on Millers no trade list?
That's good news right... it means Edmonton isn't on the list

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
if we got Yakupov... would is be ok to say, "ok team.... everyone has to play defense first... except the Ennis-Grigorenko-Yakupov line.... they can pretty much just skate around and try to score"

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Not sure if I believe this rumor....in fact, I don't.

However, the Sabres do need elite scoring prospects. They have Grigs and Armia.....but the jury is definitely out on those two.

If a Yakupov can be had, they better damn well explore it. Even at the cost of a young d-man.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Not sure if I believe this rumor....in fact, I don't.

However, the Sabres do need elite scoring prospects. They have Grigs and Armia.....but the jury is definitely out on those two.

If a Yakupov can be had, they better damn well explore it. Even at the cost of a young d-man.

This is exactly what I'm thinking as well. Losing Pysyk would be a bitter pill, but you have to give to get, and I think the swap is fair.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
Pretty sure he was joking - seeing as what went down earlier this week with Kypreos. As in, he'll reverse his stance and say EDM isn't on the list at a later date or Miller being traded to EDM to prove him wrong.

These lists are always subject to the gm sitting the player down and going over potential trade with the player (essentially asking the player to lift their NTC).

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This is how I feel when I hear trade rumors from Eklund or Kypreos..

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11615-1373485525-0.gif

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Staple had his first in season fanchat today. He was asked about Miller and Vanek.
Staple says Snow won't give up anything decent for impending ufa Miller. He goes on to say if Miller ends up an isle, it will be after signing as a ufa next summer.

The Vanek comment was interesting. Staple speculated whether Grabner could convince Vanek to sign with the Isles, sell him on the Isles at the Olympics. Staple speculated that Moulson could be part of the Vanek trade , but imo that part makes no sense. Moulson is an impending ufa, lookingor a big payday. I expect the Sabres to demand young talent fot Vanek.

Is there any truth , behind the Vanek will sign with Wild rumors?

I know he went to school in Minn. , is married to a Minn girl and works out in the offseason in Minn.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...hur-staple-at-12-30-p-m-on-thursday-1.6252031

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
What makes sense to me:

- The Sabres wanting to move Miller & Vanek
- The Oilers wanting Miller

What doesn't make sense to me:

- Edmonton wanting Vanek
- Edmonton being willing to part with Yakupov for rentals

Yes. Also:

- Miller agreeing to go to Edmonton

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Is there any truth , behind the Vanek will sign with Wild rumors?

I think Vanek signs with the highest bidder in UFA. So, if the Wild use the cap space created by Heatley's contract coming off the books to blow Vanek out of the water, then sure, it makes sense.

If Minnesota thinks they can get Vanek at a "hometown" discount, I doubt it.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'm not the biggest Kyper guy, but putting him on Eklund's level is a joke. He and LeBrun are on the same page on this one: Miller not willing to go to Edmonton.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I'd rather have Eberle than Yak. Not a big fan of him and he has a poor attitude to adversity already and he would get plenty of that here. Don't want someone who will flee to Russia either, we already have someone that may do that in Grigs.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I'd rather have Eberle than Yak. Not a big fan of him and he has a poor attitude to adversity already and he would get plenty of that here. Don't want someone who will flee to Russia either, we already have someone that may do that in Grigs.

Eberle is probably untouchable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad