Do you believe in Frederik Andersen? Would you re-sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just saw this on Twitter:

Frederik Andersen in 2020-21: 19 GP .903 SV%
Garret Sparks in 2018-19: 20 GP .902 SV%

How are people defending this crap?
I haven’t seen anyone defend him. I see lots of posts making fun of those who do though. Who are they?

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I have refrained from the anti-Anderson debate, but not anymore. There was not one game this year or last year where I came away saying Anderson stole the win for the Leafs. I am beginning to worry for playoffs if Anderson doesn’t start playing better than every other team’s goalie.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I have refrained from the anti-Anderson debate, but not anymore. There was not one game this year or last year where I came away saying Anderson stole the win for the Leafs. I am beginning to worry for playoffs if Anderson doesn’t start playing better than every other team’s goalie.
Sad thing we are not asking that. Play like an average goalie. With an average goalie, we win 3-1 today.

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
There was definitely a group of posters in the GDT defending him, hell just look a few posts earlier in this thread and there’s defence of him. None so far tonight in here.

Posters probably from his agency

He's looking at a 1x1 prove it contract the way he's playing

You know, tips, defensive breakdowns, yada yada

Like we are all blind and didn't see which team dominated and which goalie actually earned his paycheck

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Posters probably from his agency

He's looking at a 1x1 prove it contract the way he's playing

You know, tips, defensive breakdowns, yada yada

Like we are all blind and didn't see which team dominated and which goalie actually earned his paycheck
Sad thing we played better then we did in the Edmonton games and we played great there. Difference Hutch and Jack made saves and the big save when needed.

Reactions: klmdg

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I just watched the Appleton goal several more times. While it was a nice goal, Freddie pretty much gave him an open net. He was so far out of position that I could've scored that goal.

Fun times...

Reactions: LeafsRus and klmdg

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There was definitely a group of posters in the GDT defending him, hell just look a few posts earlier in this thread and there’s defence of him. None so far tonight in here.
Got it. There’s a bunch I don’t put attention to, must be that crew.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Not gonna be easy to acquire a better goalie now. Dubas was not able to make a move this past off-season. Gotta hope Soupy can take the ball and run with it.
I'm wondering what Vegas and Anaheim do personally, but it may be a scenario where we have to bet on the unknown.

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
I just watched the Appleton goal several more times. While it was a nice goal, Freddie pretty much gave him an open net. He was so far out of position that I could've scored that goal.

Fun times...

Yes, but there was a defensive breakdown on that goal

He could have been sipping water there and it's still on the D

The fact he even attempted to do anything makes him an incredible goaler worthy of praise and admiration

He would do incredible in children's soccer, probably an MVP

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
4 goals on 23 shots... Awful
The intervals in between these gong show games are getting closer together and no outstanding play like he used to do. I’m not being reactive thinking we better not bank on this guy any longer. He’s a headcase now.
He’s only a$500,000 hit in real money money right now.I think Rinne at the same $5,000,000 hit even at his age is a better bet. This guy is gone. He didn’t even move on that 4 th goal. I mean the move was quick for me. Not for a Nhl goalie it isn’t that quick. He was huggingbthe pist. Wtf

Reactions: DivInit23

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Hahaha, the mob is out for Freddy now and anyone who's defended him.

angry-mob.jpg

Clown show

RaptorLeaf13

Feb 23, 2020
I hate to say this. I don’t think we will get very far in the playoffs with this crap goaltending. The goaltending is the Leafs biggest weakness. Not our D. We can’t be out scoring other teams. Especially, when they have a goalie who is on Hasek mode. Where as our goalie can’t even stop a beach ball. I can’t believe people are defending this guy and are willing to bring him back.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Andersen was a really good goalie a few years ago but man does he ever suck now

He get outplayed by the other teams goalie every game and just let’s in head scratchers

He never saves anything remotely difficult. We need a new starter come playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad