Do you believe in Frederik Andersen? Would you re-sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We should trade Fred for Kuemper right now and roll with Campbell/Hutch until Kuemper is ready. He can even clear quarantine while rehabbing. Arizona might do it rather than go a month without their starter.

So you are saying go with Hutch/Woll until Campbell/Kuemper return ? High risk high reward or potential disaster. I'll stick with Andy.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Not sure if they are willing to trade him but if they are, that seems like a good idea.

Dubas has done such a good job overall that I'm not going to complain about the goaltending just yet. And Andersen was very good in the playoffs so maybe he can do it again, who knows? Hopefully we have a solution in place by the time we begin next season.

Goaltending is the key to playoff success. Andy could wipe out all the good Dubas has done in one single series. Dubas has a big decision to make if he has not already done so. Roll with Andy and let him walk or get an upgrade before the TDL.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So you are saying go with Hutch/Woll until Campbell/Kuemper return ? High risk high reward or potential disaster. I'll stick with Andy.

The risk doesn't seem that big if it's only a month. We have a lot off days during that time, the backups have been playing well and we can easily afford a slump. If Kuemper is the guy Dubas wants and there is a deal to be made, having to roll with our backups for a month should not be a reason not to make the deal.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The risk doesn't seem that big if it's only a month. We have a lot off days during that time, the backups have been playing well and we can easily afford a slump. If Kuemper is the guy Dubas wants and there is a deal to be made, having to roll with our backups for a month should not be a reason not to make the deal.

Hutch and Woll were #4 and #5 to start the season. Not sure how many games in the month but if Hutch gets hurt, say hello to 3rd or 4th place in the division.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hutch and Woll were #4 and #5 to start the season. Not sure how many games in the month but if Hutch gets hurt, say hello to 3rd or 4th place in the division.

Isn't Campbell healthy now? Even if one guy goes down, the other can play for a bit. I also think you can always pick up a Hutch level goalie on the cheap without paying too much if that becomes necessary.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Isn't Campbell healthy now? Even if one guy goes down, the other can play for a bit. I also think you can always pick up a Hutch level goalie on the cheap without paying too much if that becomes necessary.

I thought he was hurt and that was the reason for starting Hutch in game 2/3 vs Oilers. Hopefully he is back.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
They tried to move Freddy last summer and return was not acceptable to Dubie ... i think they will play Soupy more rest of season and likely Freddy gets net for 1st round matchup ... if freddy so much as f*ups 1 goal/game then it will be Soupy's net to run with for our playoff run ... i think he will be fine to get us out of north ... my real worry comes up in semis but unless we are fixing 1 more fast tough winger and 1 more vet defender for injuries then i am not sure it really matters either way ... Dubie will say to everyone look we made it to semis and team is now much closer and then they will fix things are edges in summer including adding another 2-3M goaler and reupping Zach and adding another winger to add to Zach and Wayner

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I have my frustrations with Andersen, but we're not going to trade him for a guy that's injured for a month...

Reactions: LFCTML

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I don't mind Freddy as a regular season starter, but he's not trustworthy in the playoffs. Unless something changes this season, it's an easy decision to let him walk as a UFA.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
He's not outdueling the other goalie when the game is close. He needs to do that and make saves he has no business making at certain critical junctures of the game. That's what the top goalies do. Other goalies (other than Edmonton's recently) are doing this to us. He is not. And it's been the difference.

Reactions: klmdg

axman15

Sep 6, 2012
Toronto
Pucks get deflected, odd man rushes happen, guys make good plays - that’s all a part of the game. You can make an excuse for nearly any goal a goalie allows, but there are times in a game when a goalie just needs to find a way to make a save. Rarely is Andersen able to make that save.

Mar 26, 2010
Career back up goalie who can’t make a good save when his team needs it.

Have a look at the writing on the wall guys...Demko, Hellebuyck make the 10 bell highlight reel saves and Andersen just sinks his team with house league caliber goaltending.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Said I was done with Andersen a long time ago, and he just keeps proving my point.

Does Keefe have the stones to start Campbell when he’s back and give him a stretch of games to see what he can do? Because that’s our only shot of winning a playoff round.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Pucks get deflected, odd man rushes happen, guys make good plays - that’s all a part of the game. You can make an excuse for nearly any goal a goalie allows, but there are times in a game when a goalie just needs to find a way to make a save. Rarely is Andersen able to make that save.

Not the past two years anyways.

He had the benefit of the doubt when he had bad games a few years ago when he was a .918 goalie.

Now he is pretty much all of the bad without any of the good in the first 3 years. It is unfortunate, but he is pretty much just fighting for his next contract right now.

Reactions: stickty111

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
For all the talk of replacement goalies, I really wonder what Vegas does. Lehner has barely played, but they've committed long term. MAF is at the end of his career now, but does seem to have some life. He's also played a lot of important hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad