Do you believe in Frederik Andersen? Would you re-sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think @zeke posted this, but Freddy faces less shots, chances/game then Jack and Hutch, but Freddy can't stop a beachball most games.
Why?

Reactions: The Cobra

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It’s time to give Campbell a shot, but you have to remember he’s a backup for a reason. There is a big difference going in every 5th game and being expected to win every night. Got to find out though. A few bad games and I’m sure everyone I here will turn on him too

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
It’s time to give Campbell a shot, but you have to remember he’s a backup for a reason. There is a big difference going in every 5th game and being expected to win every night. Got to find out though. A few bad games and I’m sure everyone I here will turn on him too
Yea it's definitely important to keep in mind Fred's heavy workload.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
At this point, even Hutch is better than Freddie...
And that's saying something when it took Hutch until December to win his first game last season.

Freddy has a bad game? Crickets. Nylander has a bad game? Gets compared to IKEA furniture and makes front page headlines talking about how awful he is. It's an absolute joke.

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Honestly, what can we expect from a choker who spent his summer training with SEALs in order to improve his breathing and mental focus?

Meanwhile, Hellebuyck is noted for training methods like this

giphy.gif

One guys trains to look for danger so he can react to it instinctively, the other trains to not deficate himself when he finds it

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
#TradeAndersen already. He needs to earn the starter position and he is doing the exact opposite. With piss poor performances like this he had relinquished his starting role to anybody semi qualified

Reactions: stickty111

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
.903 sv% on the season,,putting him 31rst among tenders with 10+ starts

the ONLY clown show is between the pipes
Yeah I'm not the guy's mom but the scoring chances against holy ****, the first 2 goals he let in were the same level as the 1st goal Hellybuyck let in ie. impossible. Nice pk, Pionk could have lit up a cigar, then it gets deflected, geez. Third goal - yes you need some big saves but holy smokes, that's nearly impossible. Fourth goal looked a little slow going across, he still looks groin-strained, f.o. with the idiotic turnovers Rielly, you are a ticking time-bomb out there. So one half-bad goal out of 4. Just because Hellybuyck makes some great saves doesn't mean hey, let's give up a bunch of nearly impossible chances.
They play these guys 8 more times, if they can't stop the brain-dead defense and stay ahead in the standings, they don't deserve it.
Anyway, Homey is tired of playing this game, I'm getting the hell out of here.

Mar 26, 2010
There are too many nights that he is the second best goaltender on the ice. At some point he needs to take accountability for his play.

One good game out of every 10 games or so is not good enough. That is why this team gets turfed from the playoffs every damn year.

Reactions: LeafsRus

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Moving Andy is a huge risk. If the goalie can't do, Dubas gets ripped. Keep Andy and he blows it, Dubas gets ripped. As much as Andy can't make the big save or gives up a softy in critical situations, it might be more prudent to stick with the guy you know.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Yeah I'm not the guy's mom but the scoring chances against holy ****, the first 2 goals he let in were the same level as the 1st goal Hellybuyck let in ie. impossible. Nice pk, Pionk could have lit up a cigar, then it gets deflected, geez. Third goal - yes you need some big saves but holy smokes, that's nearly impossible. Fourth goal looked a little slow going across, he still looks groin-strained, f.o. with the idiotic turnovers Rielly, you are a ticking time-bomb out there. So one half-bad goal out of 4. Just because Hellybuyck makes some great saves doesn't mean hey, let's give up a bunch of nearly impossible chances.
They play these guys 8 more times, if they can't stop the brain-dead defense and stay ahead in the standings, they don't deserve it.

Id say the first and 4th goals were bad. 2nd was a high slot deflection off Matthews and 3rd was a point blank shot from the slot by one of the best goal scorers in the league.

1st goal was tipped short side with Andersen in position... that shouldn’t go through him

4th was a defensive breakdown but there wasn’t much room for Appleton to come across the slot. Andersen just had to make himself wide at the top of the crease or put the paddle down to cut off the lane.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
And that's saying something when it took Hutch until December to win his first game last season.

Freddy has a bad game? Crickets. Nylander has a bad game? Gets compared to IKEA furniture and makes front page headlines talking about how awful he is. It's an absolute joke.

LOL wut?

Excellent post, nice to see some sanity in here amongst all the hatred.

Typical Leaf nation. A bunch of snowflakes lose their minds because the defending Vezina winner played better than our guy did did last night. :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: D Wakaluk

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Since Keefe took over

Campbell: 0.926 sv%
Hutchinson: 0.908 sv%
Andersen: 0.906 sv%

It shouldn't be hard to find better value than paying Andersen $5 million to be our 3rd best goalie

Horrible way to look at things. Being relied upon as a starter is a different mindset than knowing you are the backup. Similar to why so many pitchers end up being relievers and not starters.

axman15

Sep 6, 2012
Toronto

I understand there was some degree of difficulty on each of the goals, but just look at the goaltending in the other net. Nobody could have faulted Helly if he gave up 4 or 5, but he made some big saves and shut the door. Freddie did not.

High danger chances were 24-6 in favor of the Leafs. Tough to win when you outplay the opposition by that margin, yet your goalie still folds like a cheap tent at the slightest sign of pressure.

Not an Andersen hater at all, I haven’t had a problem with him since he’s been in Toronto. But the rest of the team has elevated their game this year, he needs to as well.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
His health seems to be an issue was well.

Not sure he can be counted on for full time duties, regardless of his level of play.

Mar 26, 2010
One glaring weakness on the roster. Lets see if Dubas does something behind it. You know the starter is bad when Hutch is more trust worthy. Why not try Woll? Most goalies come out of nowhere anyways.
I believe that Campbell has what it takes to be the starter. Not sure if he is still injured.

I don’t know why they don’t go with a “win and your in mentality with the goalies”. That is much better than listening to Andersen’s entitled post game loss interviews.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
At this stage, Andersen is lucky there are no fans at the games.
We would be reading all sorts of articles about his days being numbered in T.O. etc. after all the reactions during the games these days.

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
He's went from a strength to a weakness for this team in 2 years. I've never heard so many excuses given for a goalie in my life. He's not a good goalie anymore, PERIOD, he's no better than Gustavsson or Toskela were at this point. Reimer and Bernier could easily out-play him by this point.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Two deflections and Justin Holl leaving Connor alone in the slot caused goals..

...but blame the goalie for one of the worst defensive efforts they’ve shown all year.

Most of you should just lead with “I can’t intelligently dissect the game so I use stats to feel apart of the conversation”

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Two deflections and Justin Holl leaving Connor alone in the slot caused goals..

...but blame the goalie for one of the worst defensive efforts they’ve shown all year.

Most of you should just lead with “I can’t intelligently dissect the game so I use stats to feel apart of the conversation”
High danger chances for favoured the Leafs TWENTY-FOUR TO SIX and the Leafs outshot the Jets 39-23, but let's absolve Andersen of any blame when he was the second-best goalie on the ice... again. If Andersen was anywhere near average last night, the Leafs win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad