Do We Need a New Goal Song ?

New Goal Song ?

• Total voters

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Maybe you should check it out before calling me a liar.
Then why was it a fan vote? Fun funsies? I'm not calling you a liar, maybe you just misunderstood what they were saying. Maybe they were talking about one of ROR's country songs?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Where do you get this?
Yeah I dont even think this is factual at all

One half of the bracket represents songs chosen by Buffalo Sabres players and front office members. The other half was selected by representatives from local Entercom radio stations Kiss 98.5, Alternative Buffalo 107.7/104.7, WGR 550 and Star 102.5.

The following songs were chosen by the Buffalo Sabres:
“Howl” by The Gaslight Anthem
“We Party (You Shout)” by Andrew W.K.
“Let Me Clear My Throat” by DJ Kool
“Coming for You” by The Offspring

between periods one game, they played a clip asking the players why they chose those songs to be in the bracket. They also commented on how they wanted DJ kool to win because they picked it for some joke amongst them. I remember seeing what he’s referring to.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Seems like something vesey would pick unironically ^

I'd be down for individual goal songs.

Member 308457

Buffalo doesn't need no stinkin' goal song. They need goals and they need a piercing May Day-type siren (Rick's famous call too?) to put the fear, shock and awe back into scoring goals, not some trendy, idiotic semi-music and tribute to somebody's over-sized ego.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Grinder81

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I am sick of hearing this stupid early/mid 90s crappy house party rap song after our goals. It is lame and stupid. I would rather play Song 2 then this stupid bullshit anymore. They must play the DJ kool song because he has something in common with this team, they both are not talented and have been irrelevant for many many years.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It has nothing, NOTHING, to do with the goal song...it's because the fans are lame and boring.

The product on the ice has been bad for nearly a decade. The team does very little to give anyone entertainment value. Then factor in the cost, the eroding amenities (hello hot water in a 300-level bathroom!) and it is easy to see why the place is dead.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
I don't know how anyone can be sick of a goal song that we barely ever get to hear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad