Do We Need a New Goal Song ?

New Goal Song ?

• Total voters

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
The Sabres fans in the 300's and upper levels are where the noise comes from. I've been in the 100's a few times and the Sabres fans that sit there just kinda clap when a goal is being scored probably because they are scared and insecure being surrounded by Canadians, Leaf and Bruins jerseys.

This is our house, I was asked by security to calm down during a Sabres and Bruins game cause I stood up and gave the finger to about 10 Bruins fans in the lower bowl around me for being *****ebags.

Even the Sabres fans then in the 100's just took the chirping in their own house and never stood with me.

**** those guys.

So Sabres fans sitting downstairs are not cool because they won't join you in being a douchebag towards other douchebags?

You're a real treat.

Reactions: Chippah

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
hmmm. How about the post-horn part (the bass & drums) of the intro to "Fanfare for the Common Man"?

The most sensible post in this thread; that would be awesome!:thumbu:

It's about something upbeat without being definable by a timeline.

It doesn't have to be about finding a song everyone likes; but please, eliminate a "song" 70% of people despise.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
When I get to be your age Howie, I really do hope I'm more accepting of a generation that doesn't happen to be mine.

- Just cause it's not YOUR kind of song doesnt mean it's not a song.
- I'm 100% sure that 70% of "people" don't despise the song.

I think those clouds need another stern talking to about the good old days.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
So Sabres fans sitting downstairs are not cool because they won't join you in being a *****ebag towards other *****ebags?

You're a real treat.
Take your high road and drive elsewhere, this is the real world where sometimes you need to fight fire with fire and show some heart for your damn team rather than sitting down and clapping for a goal or taking verbal abuse from other fans in your own stadium.

Hate to say it but that bullying isnt just going to go away ignoring it no matter how much you try to avoid confrontation. You can pretend to ignore the vitriol being spewed at you or you can do something about it.

I know who I am and I would never raise my kids to be victims like many in the 100's are.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Actually, I think 70% is generous (on the low side).

Judging by people I know (both young and old Sabres fans), the song has become universally despised. I’m going with 80% loathe-level as a good estimate.

Was cool for a season or two. But it’s run its course.

The only goal song more cringe-worthy at this point is Toronto’s super-ironic-hipster-try-hard playing of Hall and Oates.

Reactions: sabremike

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Take your high road and drive elsewhere, this is the real world where sometimes you need to fight fire with fire and show some heart for your damn team rather than sitting down and clapping for a goal or taking verbal abuse from other fans in your own stadium.

Hate to say it but that bullying isnt just going to go away ignoring it no matter how much you try to avoid confrontation. You can pretend to ignore the vitriol being spewed at you or you can do something about it.

I know who I am and I would never raise my kids to be victims like many in the 100's are.

I hope you aren't raising your kids such that you are teaching them to stand up and give the finger to drunken idiots in a sporting arena.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
When I get to be your age Howie, I really do hope I'm more accepting of a generation that doesn't happen to be mine.

- Just cause it's not YOUR kind of song doesnt mean it's not a song.
- I'm 100% sure that 70% of "people" don't despise the song.

I think those clouds need another stern talking to about the good old days.
back in my and Howie’s day, there were no clouds. It was all sunshine, puppies, and rainbows.

I hope you aren't raising your kids such that you are teaching them to stand up and give the finger to drunken idiots in a sporting arena.
can he teach them to be the drunken idiots instead???

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
back in my and Howie’s day, there were no clouds. It was all sunshine, puppies, and rainbows.

can he teach them to be the drunken idiots instead???
I'm turning 42 next month but have quite the eclectic taste in music (From The Fat Boys to Toots and the Maytals to Slayer to Weezer to The Queers to Nomeansno). I think the current goal song is awful, a played out one note joke.

Re: your suggestion of Fanfare for the Common Man:

That was Terry Funk's entrance song.

Terry Funk is God.

Therefore I approve:thumbu:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Actually, I think 70% is generous (on the low side).

Judging by people I know (both young and old Sabres fans), the song has become universally despised. I’m going with 80% loathe-level as a good estimate.

Was cool for a season or two. But it’s run its course.

The only goal song more cringe-worthy at this point is Toronto’s super-ironic-hipster-try-hard playing of Hall and Oates.

Judging by people I know (an equally quantifiable stat that you provided) most love it. When it comes on during get togethers/parties/camping trips etc all the Sabres fans there get rowdy and sing it together wether its hockey season or not.

Wide sweeping generalizations rarely are a good look.

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
If we're going for something energetic that both old and young will appreciate, how about Fitz & The Tantrums "Hand Clap"? The Swiss women's team used it in the last Olympics and that was pretty tight.

I'm fine with it as is though.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Judging by people I know (an equally quantifiable stat that you provided) most love it. When it comes on during get togethers/parties/camping trips etc all the Sabres fans there get rowdy and sing it together wether its hockey season or not.

Wide sweeping generalizations rarely are a good look.

Says the guy who just made an enormous “wide sweeping generalization.”

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Says the guy who just made an enormous “wide sweeping generalization.”
You took a 70% generalization "on the low end" of old and young people you personally know asking them what they think about the goal song and then applied it to an entire fan base.

He made a claim showing you how rediculous your original claim was.

Get out of here with that.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
:DOld Ludwig's classic "Ode to Joy" but with appropriate lyrics. Might take a while for fans to catch on though.:sarcasm:

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I think the sole purpose of a goal song is to keep people in their feet and a buzz in the building and...most importantly to have the opposition leaving the building despising the experience and dreading a return. Like Chelsea Dagger in Chicago. So I propose The Bird. Complete with Family Guy co branding. The Leafs would hate having a 5 spot put up against them. Perfect.

Reactions: Irving Zisman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->