New Goal Song ?

• Total voters

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Here we go now
Here we go now
Here we go now
Uhhh
Games I've been to are so quiet and soulless when that song is playing.
The whole building is pretty boring and needs a new atmosphere.

The place was dead because the team sucked. It's been plenty loud this year when that song is playing.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
And before I go yell at the clouds, I have to say I miss the days where the crowd was enthusiastic enough to not need prompts to be loud and appreciative of a Sabres goal..

Yeah, those fans back then were the best. They always cheered unprompted. The team never blew a loud horn or anything after a goal!

Oh wait....

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
As others have said it just reminds me of the last regime and too many lost/failed seasons. I'd be down for a new song. I remember they used Song 2 back in the late 90's. Does anyone use that right now?

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I'd like to see something that gets the crowding chanting or singing.. Kind of like the Rangers and Blackhawks.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
As others have said it just reminds me of the last regime and too many lost/failed seasons. I'd be down for a new song. I remember they used Song 2 back in the late 90's. Does anyone use that right now?

I believe the Sens use Song 2 by Blur.

https://medium.com/@oikearoope/definitive-ranking-of-the-goal-songs-of-the-31-nhl-teams-2018-2019-9b3ffe53ba96

The Sens showcase a foul in the “played out” department with the choice of Blur’s Song 2, a “Woo” classic if you will. It works in the sense that it makes the opponent and their fans think about the depressing late ’90s but unfortunately does the same for everyone involved.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Some of the old guys I dont expect to like the music especially with the YouTube videos that are mentioned and posted in threads but you gotta remember it's usually the teams choice and the team is young and hip-hop/rap is so much more prevalent in youth now.

The fan voting was cool and all but I really feel like the team/Eichel wanted the current goal song and that's what we have now.

Once we start winning that goal song we currently have will be synonymous with the Sabres like Chicagos Chealsea Dagger rift is.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Here we go now
Here we go now
Here we go now
Uhhh
Games I've been to are so quiet and soulless when that song is playing.
The whole building is pretty boring and needs a new atmosphere.
The Sabres fans in the 300's and upper levels are where the noise comes from. I've been in the 100's a few times and the Sabres fans that sit there just kinda clap when a goal is being scored probably because they are scared and insecure being surrounded by Canadians, Leaf and Bruins jerseys.

This is our house, I was asked by security to calm down during a Sabres and Bruins game cause I stood up and gave the finger to about 10 Bruins fans in the lower bowl around me for being douchebags.

Even the Sabres fans then in the 100's just took the chirping in their own house and never stood with me.

f*** those guys.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Song is fun and captures that bonkers immesiate celebration thing, but I'd be cool with Sabre Dance

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Also it's not the song causing the arena to be soulless, it's a near decade of garbage on the ice.

Reactions: hizzoner

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
The fanfare is the best part. Not so much the vocals around it.
hmmm. How about the post-horn part (the bass & drums) of the intro to "Fanfare for the Common Man"?

We can be super trendy and use Gary Glitter Rock N Roll Part 2. Imagine the dancing down the stairs now
Go all in, and play it while scrolling through a Jumbotron montage of pre-teen Laotian and Cambodian girls...

Props for digging that up :thumbu:
The Sabres fans in the 300's and upper levels are where the noise comes from. I've been in the 100's a few times and the Sabres fans that sit there just kinda clap when a goal is being scored probably because they are scared and insecure being surrounded by Canadians, Leaf and Bruins jerseys.

This is our house, I was asked by security to calm down during a Sabres and Bruins game cause I stood up and gave the finger to about 10 Bruins fans in the lower bowl around me for being *****ebags.

Even the Sabres fans then in the 100's just took the chirping in their own house and never stood with me.

**** those guys.

Gotta root for the team!!
Dude's pretty buff for being in his mid-50s.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Also it's not the song causing the arena to be soulless, it's a near decade of garbage on the ice.
Can you provide analytics to support this claim? It's well known that sound can affect the human brain. Music can evoke a profound emotional response. For example, I cry when I hear Nickelback. How do we know the goal song isn't doing something similar? How do we know it doesn't contain subliminal messages or high frequency inaudible sounds that destroy brain cells? It might even be a chicken and egg thing. Which came first? The goal song or playing like garbage?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Dial up the way back machine - take the instrumental chorus from Beastie Boys "Hey Ladies!" and change the lone lyric to "Hey Sabres!"
(3oth anniversary of the Paul's Boutique LP)

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
hmmm. How about the post-horn part (the bass & drums) of the intro to "Fanfare for the Common Man"?

Go all in, and play it while scrolling through a Jumbotron montage of pre-teen Laotian and Cambodian girls...

Props for digging that up :thumbu:

Gotta root for the team!!
Dude's pretty buff for being in his mid-50s.

Is it just me or is the like button gone but Sabres need more crazy fans with a section in the 100's that's like the Browns "Dog Town" section.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Idc if its old, Song 2 always got the fans pumped after a goal and it reminds me of the best Sabre era...the 96-01 and 05-07 playoff teams.

Song 2 is the ultimate after goal anthem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad