Do We Need a New Goal Song ?

New Goal Song ?

• Total voters

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

Should play everytime the LOG line gets a point.

I like the current song, and now that we appear to be in a better place it will be even better. It invokes emotion from fans and players, good or bad, that's what you want.

That said I'm also a fan of having different songs for different goals or different scorers. Seems like it would show the players personality a bit more Reinhart scores "let me clear my throat" comes on, Okposo score and it's "the sound of silence". Come on, how awesome would it be if Eichel scores his 30th goal and C.R.E.A.M. by Wu Tang comes out of the speakers?

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011
I actually like it. Now getting rid of DJ Milk in between periods....I could get behind that, but the song....especially when the team is going good, is fun.

Reactions: sabremike

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I always thought this song was so close to being a good Buffalo sports song.
It's probably better for the Beauts with the line "You know I look like a woman but I cut like a Buffalo."
Jack White rocks.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Are you trolling us? Have you ever been to our arena while the Habs are in town?
I’m always too busy swearing when the other team scores to pay attention to what the happy people are doing.

Also, that seems like a weapon that could be very easily taken away.

Bisons6

Mar 31, 2019
The song was picked as a joke by players who are no longer here. You would think upper management would have replaced it long ago. But the bulbs never lit, for reasons I can't begin to understand. The stupid song (we should re-name it that) is a reminder of the horrible times of the recent past. Keeping it just seems like another blunder in a long line. I would think that the team would be totally focusing on the "new" Sabres instead of sustaining the memories of an icy hell.

Reactions: Smiling Ivan

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
If you look at the Bills' Hey hey song almost the whole crowd gets into it...That's hardly the case with the Sabres' song...That's why I think it needs to be replaced.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If you look at the Bills' Hey hey song almost the whole crowd gets into it...That's hardly the case with the Sabres' song...That's why I think it needs to be replaced.

They have been playing that song at Bills’ games for almost 40 years. “Shout” was pure rebranding cheese when it came out. It remains so.

Bisons6

Mar 31, 2019
The song was picked as a joke by players who are no longer here. You would think upper management would have replaced it long ago. But the bulbs never lit, for reasons I can't begin to understand. The stupid song (we should re-name it that) is a reminder of the horrible times of the recent past. Keeping it just seems like another blunder in a long line. I would think that the team would be totally focusing on the "new" Sabres instead of sustaining the memories of an icy hell.

I got this from a between period TV interview right after the song started being used as the goal song. It was either Ryan O'Reilly or Jack Eichel who was asked about it and the response was that the players were asked to pick a goal song and [the stupid song-I don't even know the title] was picked as a joke because it was popular with some players for other comedic reasons, unrelated to hockey.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I got this from a between period TV interview right after the song started being used as the goal song. It was either Ryan O'Reilly or Jack Eichel who was asked about it and the response was that the players were asked to pick a goal song and [the stupid song-I don't even know the title] was picked as a joke because it was popular with some players for other comedic reasons, unrelated to hockey.
Yeah I dont even think this is factual at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad