GDT: Do or Die - Game 5 Avs @ Flames, 8:00 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bennett, Mangiapane, Andersson, and Valimaki were the biggest standouts for sure. Smith as well but he doesn't exactly have much of a future here.

Going to be a lot of soul searching over the next couple of months but I suspect folks expecting massive changes will be disappointed. Entirely possible all Treliving does is move out Frolik and possibly Jankowski and Kylington for stuff, whiling bringing in a new goalie.

Hopefully Peters learns a lot from this experience and does a better job in the playoffs next year. He looked every bit as inexperienced as some of the players.

On another note, wouldn't be surprised if Hathaway has priced himself out of Calgary. He was really good in his role. Would be a bigger loss than some think, given he's one of a few that actually brought a consistent physical presence.

Bennett's moved himself back into a core piece with this playoffs. Has to be a big part of the future.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
To people saying we need drastic changes, we have 5 players left from the start of 2014-15. Hope tre doesn’t go crazy. Hope the guys who had their first experience in the playoffs learn from this, including the coaching staff. It was tough, but it is what it is.

Bennett, Mangiapane, Andersson, and Valimaki were the biggest standouts for sure. Smith as well but he doesn't exactly have much of a future here.

Going to be a lot of soul searching over the next couple of months but I suspect folks expecting massive changes will be disappointed. Entirely possible all Treliving does is move out Frolik and possibly Jankowski and Kylington for stuff, whiling bringing in a new goalie.

Hopefully Peters learns a lot from this experience and does a better job in the playoffs next year. He looked every bit as inexperienced as some of the players.

On another note, wouldn't be surprised if Hathaway has priced himself out of Calgary. He was really good in his role. Would be a bigger loss than some think, given he's one of a few that actually brought a consistent physical presence.

Bennett's moved himself back into a core piece with this playoffs. Has to be a big part of the future.

I’d be interested to see if they move Neal, but I agree otherwise.

Reactions: Calculon

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Ryan had almost 40 pts as a 4th liner, jank had 32, mangiapane was a lot better than lazar, etc. We had one of the best 4th lines in the nhl this year. When our top line shut down after the all star break, we still had a decent record because of our depth.​
You can cherry pick some actually middling examples all you want but the depth production was factually average as a whole, and the worst amongst elite teams. What's worse - it's actually one of the most expensive depth in the league.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
What sucks the most is I actually had hope. Silly me. Whether it's the Panthers in the NFL or this team, it's always the same

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
All the talk about our first line sucking is justified but can we talk about how garbage our norris candidate was too? Just atrocious gap control and defense on the rush, top guys completely laid an egg this playoffs

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Well, it’s been a slice. Disappointed to say the least. I can go into shitting on these players all night, but they know, everyone knows.

Time to cancel my Sportnet Now subscription and forget about hockey for bit!

And at the end of the day, we still did better than the Oilers. That never hurts right?

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I ain't even that mad.

We had lightning in a bottle for December and January. Everything before and after was closer to who we are.

We have talent and potential. Maybe another seasoning, who knows?

But I'd imagine some changes over the off-season or next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad