GDT: Do or Die - Game 5 Avs @ Flames, 8:00 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
2yzgng.jpg

No lineup changes so far. To be confirmed later today. Edit: Neal out, Czarnik in.

Go team! Do the thing!

Can only win one game at a time. Insert other relevant cliches below.

Last edited:

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Back to the wall, etc, etc.
I think we win tonight, but not so sure about game 6.
We have to put fear into them with a dominant performance by everyone.
That's the only chance we have to win the series.
Start with tonight. Just dominate.
Let's go Flames.

Linnie The Pooh

Apr 17, 2019
Ashburn, Virginia
Smith is playing good, but tonight I think on home ice he takes over and somehow shuts down an Avs offense that has been looking great. I see the Flames hanging on to play another day winning 2-1.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
With the team on the brink of elimination, I hope Peters makes some bigger changes. Our team needs to get faster

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It’s done. I hate Eric francis, but he’s right, the team has disappointed big time. Gaudreau and Monahan need to look in the mirror this summer, it’s just not good enough. I’d say we’ve had 6 players who’ve done well in this series: Valimaki (one game), Andersson, Bennett, Ryan, Bread, Smith. All depth guys, it’s just not enough. None of our top guys have exceeded expectations, none. Chucky has been meh, Backlund has been borderline awful, Lindholm has no confidence (but he’s showing effort at least), and the rest have either been ghosts or played pretty terrible (oh, and gtfo Neal). Tonight’s gonna be an awful end to this series, but hopefully tre can build and continue on.

One final note, hopefully Gaudreau grows up and stops being a whiny bitch next year. Even I’m sick and tired of it.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It’s done. I hate Eric francis, but he’s right, the team has disappointed big time. Gaudreau and Monahan need to look in the mirror this summer, it’s just not good enough. I’d say we’ve had 6 players who’ve done well in this series: Valimaki (one game), Andersson, Bennett, Ryan, Bread, Smith. All depth guys, it’s just not enough. None of our top guys have exceeded expectations, none. Chucky has been meh, Backlund has been borderline awful, Lindholm has no confidence (but he’s showing effort at least), and the rest have either been ghosts or played pretty terrible (oh, and gtfo Neal). Tonight’s gonna be an awful end to this series, but hopefully tre can build and continue on.

One final note, hopefully Gaudreau grows up and stops being a whiny ***** next year. Even I’m sick and tired of it.

It's not impossible ......

But I agreed on the performance so far

Monahan and Brodie need to go...they are soft and mentally weak. When the tough gets going, they go home. Happened so many times already. Enough is enough.
Johnny needs to learn how to win tough games but I am not giving up on him ...yet

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It's not impossible ......

But I agreed on the performance so far

Monahan and Brodie need to go...they are soft and mentally weak. When the tough gets going, they go home. Happened so many times already. Enough is enough.
Johnny needs to learn how to win tough games

I’d love to be proven wrong, but game 3 and 4 certainly didn’t do that.

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Wow didnt think we'd see Neal scratched. Time for the boys to step up. They did it all season. Why stop now? Go Flames Go!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I wish Peters saw Czarnik as a center since I'd way rather have Quine in there over Jankowski.

This team owes it to their fans to win tonight although I feel like the only way they'll comeback in this series is if they set the tone with a blowout

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
JBN = Janko Bennett Neal
JBC = Janko Bennett Czarnik
StatCF%SCF%XGF%GF%
JBN5156.351.138
JBC61.659.762.739.4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Neither line has any luck but Czarnik's playmaking and good forchecking is definitely more important than Neal standing still and shooting from along the boards

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I wish Peters saw Czarnik as a center

Peters might be the worst guy in the league when it comes to center vs winger usage. Thinks Eric Staal, Sebastian Aho, Sam Bennett, and Elias Lindholm are wingers while rolling guys like Sean Monahan and Victor Rask at center. I wouldn't be shocked if Czarnik were a Yanni Gourde down the middle but we may never find out.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Going to go out and get smashed instead of watching the game. Though I get the feeling I’m going to feel just as bad tomorrow morning regardless of what I do

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I was so mad after game four that I told myself I wouldn't watch game five, but I want to see this season through to its conclusion. If we lose, we lose, but I think I owe it to this team to stay till the end. Either way, it's been a pleasure posting with you gentlemen this season.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Over/under 1 period until Peters scraps the changes and Bennett is back as the least ice time on the team despite being our best forward all series?

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Interesting. They actually scratched Neal. Should make this off season pretty interesting; would imagine both parties want out at this point. Not that a trade would be at all easy but who knows what Treliving conjures up.

Czarnik's speed should hopefully help but more importantly, Peters better not resort to the same old tired lines if these ones don't pay off immediately. Keep the blender going.

And in light of Francis's comments, I'm looking forward to Brodie's long term extension this summer and learning that Gaudreau was battling through a whole host injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad