Dmitry Kulikov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

I think Kulikov is much better than MDZ
Very true but it sets a precedent. Kulikov may be better but he's not gonna get big money now. He'll probably settle on a similar deal with just a high average salary. Figure something like 2 yrs $6.5M is my guess.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
sorry but i believe it when i see it, and i wont take fialkovs tweets seriously, ever. the bolded part is all from his imagination, nothing else.
i miss gorten from the sentinel, and i think fialkov is such a downgrade from him

You have to take twitter comments for what they are...spontaneous thoughts passed along as a courtesy. I appreciate the incredible access fialkov and GR give us via twitter, but understand that is not substantiated fact checked journalism.

If you want to evaluate ones reporting, i think its fair to stick to what he places in his column.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
random speculation: don't want kulikov traded...at all.

but - what about kulikov for benn? dallas is having a hard time signing him, too, and just traded fistric to edmonton....which i find very suspicious as dallas' weakness, on paper anyway, is they don't have proven nhl quality d-men.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

but - what about kulikov for benn? dallas is having a hard time signing him, too, and just traded fistric to edmonton....which i find very suspicious as dallas' weakness, on paper anyway, is they don't have proven nhl quality d-men.

We'd have to add something significant. Kulikov, Shore, and 1st? That's a lot of solid pieces to give up but Benn might become a #1 center. Shore becomes expendable because of Bjugstad and maybe Weiss getting signed long term.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Very true but it sets a precedent. Kulikov may be better but he's not gonna get big money now. He'll probably settle on a similar deal with just a high average salary. Figure something like 2 yrs $6.5M is my guess.

You are not going to get a reputable hockey reporter from up north to move down here and take the panthers beat job. Working the panthers beat is one of the lowest paying jobs of any of the full time sports writers at local papers. the only person making less money is the guy who runs the HS sports section

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
You are not going to get a reputable hockey reporter from up north to move down here and take the panthers beat job. Working the panthers beat is one of the lowest paying jobs of any of the full time sports writers at local papers. the only person making less money is the guy who runs the HS sports section

And the point of this post is???

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
What kind of value do you guys think Kulikov has if he signs a new contract? I'm a neutral fan and haven't seen him much but he seems like a very good prospect from what I've seen. Would you take Krejci or Lucic for him or would that be overpayment?

Erick*

What kind of value do you guys think Kulikov has if he signs a new contract? I'm a neutral fan and haven't seen him much but he seems like a very good prospect from what I've seen. Would you take Krejci or Lucic for him or would that be overpayment?

I would probably not do it for Krejci and definitely do it for Lucic.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

He's not a prospect. Right now he's a good second pairing guy who needs to work on his shot. A lot of us believe he has #1 potential and will get there in a couple more seasons. He'll be at worst a #2.

Krejci is appealing. I don't think it's overpayment but we'd have to add.

Lucic would be a nice addition. We'd have to add.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Works great for me, but I'm not terribly high on Kuli, either. Not saying he's not gonna be a stud, just can take him or leave him, especially with Benn as a return. Doubt it happens.

dbhislife

Jun 27, 2007
I would also move Kuli for Benn. I feel like both players are in comparable places are far as development and potential go, but for us we have always been a franchised who is starved up front. Even with Bure, there were years where the drop off to the next point was just plain ugly. Between Guds and Maethson (spelling) and Petro and co, I feel like our blueline is fine. Stocking up on more firepower would be a smart move for this franchise.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
We'd have to add something significant. Kulikov, Shore, and 1st? That's a lot of solid pieces to give up but Benn might become a #1 center. Shore becomes expendable because of Bjugstad and maybe Weiss getting signed long term.

it may cost more, but not what you suggested. defensmen are a hot commodity on the trade market, let alone a 21yo like kulikov.

dallas traded james neal AND matt niskanen to get alex goligoski.....most people (at the time of the trade) would have thought neal alone was worth way more than goligoski.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

That's a definite overpayment. Shore is the best center on the rampage right now, halfway through his first pro season. And a first? No thanks.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Drew Shore is the first player I've seen succeed at the AHL level in our system offensively in a long time aside from Michal Repik. I'd be hesitant to do that trade, but I'd probably do it if the 1st turned into a 2nd.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida

im guessing that post was directed for me hehe
I didnt know it was so badly paid actually, I would have expected it to be decent money involved.. anyways what i mean is you dont have to go out there and get the best reporters in america for the job, but it would be nice to have someone who is passionat about our game/his job.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
im guessing that post was directed for me hehe
I didnt know it was so badly paid actually, I would have expected it to be decent money involved.. anyways what i mean is you dont have to go out there and get the best reporters in america for the job, but it would be nice to have someone who is passionat about our game/his job.

In theory you are right. In reality, how many of those people are you going to find in SFL that are capable journalists. The money just isn't there any more to lure someone down here who has passion for the game

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I don't want to trade our prospects for a center, there is no need. We have an abundance of centers in our system and it would only be temporary if we did get one, the one need I see is a winger, and whether Tallon can get one on the trade deadline or through UFA it doesn't really matter. If Kulikov can be traded for a #1/#2 winger that would be the best decision.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
per hockey insider....

#BREAKINGNEWS: The #FLAPanthers and Kulikov have reached an agreement. #DoneDeal He is on his way back from Russia. #CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad