Dmitry Kulikov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
George Richards‏@GeorgeRichards

Kulikov could have told KHL he's coming back to SoFla; could be here soon. BUT #FlaPanthers say they haven't talked to agent in 48 hours...

Jeeze someone figure this crap out, sign the kid and lets move on.

Yeah but Santos not talking to agent in 48hrs doesn't mean much. They could have come to an agreement and said get him here for a physical we will sign it and get on with our lives. Don't know why Tallon would say he handed it to Santos and he was doing a good job with it if they weren't communicating because of "bad blood". Hopefully they figure it out because the panthers need a younger d with all these games in a short time period.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Yeah but Santos not talking to agent in 48hrs doesn't mean much. They could have come to an agreement and said get him here for a physical we will sign it and get on with our lives. Don't know why Tallon would say he handed it to Santos and he was doing a good job with it if they weren't communicating because of "bad blood". Hopefully they figure it out because the panthers need a younger d with all these games in a short time period.

I agree with you. Me thinks where there is smoke there is fire. But i wont be happy till this unfolds.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I don't think GR would report that, nor would Santos tell GR that he hadn't spoken to the agent in 48 hours if it meant there was a deal in place. It sounds negative to me.

However a huge positive is Kulikov coming back. That means that he's serious about signing and soon. Either that or he's coming to sell his house :P

I'm very much in line with not giving him too much. If I were GM, I'd be pushing 3 years/$3 million per. But of course Kulikov is looking more 4/$4.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Came here to see how the Kulikov negotiations were going, looks like theres some good news coming from him. Unfortunately for the Avs we have a bit of inside information O'Reilly days as an Avs are numbered, the negotiations have turned pretty sour. So much for a potential hockey trade, congrats though!

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Maybe a sign and trade for Kuli and they want a physical.

That does technically allow for "not signed with Panthers."

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Maybe a sign and trade for Kuli and they want a physical.

That does technically allow for "not signed with Panthers."

Ha, your posts always make me wonder if you're speculating like we all do or if you're giving us a hint. If you're giving us a hint, use ;) next time.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
This not getting done is really irritating me. I want to know we in good faith tried to sign our young promising defenseman. If hes a lunatic fine, tell us.

Disclose whats going on to the fans.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I've heard that Chris Stewart and David Perron might be availble from the Blues...

Lazy and fragile pass, why does everyone want Kuli gone all of a sudden? He will prabably project to be better than Gudbranson yet I don't hear anyone wanting to dish Guds out

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Lazy and fragile pass, why does everyone want Kuli gone all of a sudden? He will prabably project to be better than Gudbranson yet I don't hear anyone wanting to dish Guds out

I don't want him gone but Great8Cam seems to be hinting at the possibility of him being traded.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I don't want him gone but Great8Cam seems to be hinting at the possibility of him being traded.

I wasn't really aiming that at you but it seems some people around here are falling under the "flavor of the week syndrome" they want the newest shiny offensive player/prospect from so and so team. Our offense is coming in the pipelines no need to sacrifice our future #1 dman for it.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I wasn't really aiming that at you but it seems some people around here are falling under the "flavor of the week syndrome" they want the newest shiny offensive player/prospect from so and so team. Our offense is coming in the pipelines no need to sacrifice our future #1 dman for it.

There are clearly some issues with Kulikov signing here. Trading him isn't some far fetched idea.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
I can Think of Ottawa for Smith + Michalek which would add some much needed size and grit, and Ottawa is needing d-man badly

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Can't believe we're this close to the season starting and nothing but 'ice cold' with respect to the contract talks for Kuli.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers AGM Mike Santos said he spoke with agent for Dmitry Kulikov late Tuesday night and Weds morning. Says deal isn't close

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Well, now there's this:

@GeorgeRichards: FYI: #FlaPanthers Dmitry Kulikov is no longer listed on Lokomotiv's KHL roster

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I'm more concerned about losing kulikov than i am about weiss simply as an age factor and quality defensemen are hard to find. I would hope that kulikov is in our solid core of young defensemen (Gudbranson, Petrovic, Matheson) for years to come.

JPG

Jul 31, 2002
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Visit site
If I'm Kulikov and theres a new CBA and I'm negotiating a contract, I stop risking injury to maximize the amount I can get. Especially if I've rejected multiple contract offers already for being too low.

I wasn't happy with Kulikov in the playoffs because he took too many chances that blew up in his face, but honestly he's young, can/should improve, and we shouldn't throw in the towel yet. I hope we can sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad