Dmitry Kulikov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Kuli's situation is like the lockout all over again. I'm always checking to see if its over yet.

I'm still hoping this ends with Tallon locking him up. Can't help but to think that he just gets better every season. Like to see stay healthy. I remember reading Tallon saying that he likes to see where defensemen are at when hitting 300 games and Kuli still needs to play 102 games to hit that mark.

-ghoste

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Kuli's situation is like the lockout all over again. I'm always checking to see if its over yet.

I'm still hoping this ends with Tallon locking him up. Can't help but to think that he just gets better every season. Like to see stay healthy. I remember reading Tallon saying that he likes to see where defensemen are at when hitting 300 games and Kuli still needs to play 102 games to hit that mark.

-ghoste

I hate to say it, but I don't see Kuli getting locked up for a while.

Lampshade85

Oct 29, 2010
Florida

I wouldn't expect it to take too long. Isn't there usually a deadline to get RFA's signed before they become ineligible to play for the season? I can't recall there's been so much going on with all of this rush for teams to prep for the shortened season.

JPG

Jul 31, 2002
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Visit site

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL

disagree. the news looks bleak right now, but actions speak louder than words. kulikov leaving his team in lokomotiv leads me to believe he's told his agent to get something done soon.

he could sign on saturday morning and be in the lineup at night, he doesn't need training camp...he's been playing this entire time overseas. so from his perspective, they know they can wait as long humanly possible before opening night to sign. but his leaving lokomotiv tells me he's ready to play. and it's probably a good negotiating tactic considering the panthers need of healthy bodies on the blueline right now.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
disagree. the news looks bleak right now, but actions speak louder than words. kulikov leaving his team in lokomotiv leads me to believe he's told his agent to get something done soon.

he could sign on saturday morning and be in the lineup at night, he doesn't need training camp...he's been playing this entire time overseas. so from his perspective, they know they can wait as long humanly possible before opening night to sign. but his leaving lokomotiv tells me he's ready to play. and it's probably a good negotiating tactic considering the panthers need of healthy bodies on the blueline right now.
I think him leaving the team is so he doesn't get injured.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Im Ryan from Ontario, Canada. This is my first post, popping that cherry :yo:
I've been a Panther fan since day one, was LA but now rocking FLA. Tallon is the GM to lead this organization in the right direction. We had a taste of the playoffs last year and were hungry for some more.

Why wouldnt Kuli want to re-sign?
He has the potential and opportunity to be this franchise's #1 man on the blue line as Campbell gets older and shifts down in a couple years. His role and minutes would go up as would his stardom and the potential for a blockbuster contract in 4-5 years. This team just won the Southeast title, battled 7games against a Devils organization that has won 2 cups, a top rated prospects pool, a renewed fanbase and unbelievable weather to enjoy for 7-9 months of the year.

What Kuli is worth?
I feel a fair long term deal is 5year-$22.5million(4.5) with $24million(4.8) being the maximum.
That would instantly make him the second highest player on the team behind Campbell.

A fair short term deal is 2 year-$7.5million(3.725)

Remember at the end of this year we may have to re-sign Weiss(possibly $5-6mil/yr), Mueller(possily $2.5mil/yr), Mathias(possibly $2.5mi/yr), Ellerby(possibly $2.5mil/yr) and possibly Theodore($1.5million/yr)

A possible trade if he doesnt re-sign would be trying to acquire Getzlaf from Anaheim for Kulikov and a 2nd round pick and possible cash. Getzlaf would become our #1 center, hes a power forward and has 75-90pt potential in a 82gm season which we havent seen since the Bure days. Getzlaf would compliment Steeger and Flash better than Weiss would. Some pressure taken off Weiss would allow him to mentor a young Mueller and Hubredeau making for a solid top two lines.

Robak and Petrovic could come up and earn their spot with Kulikovs' exit. That would leave the door open at trade deadline or seasons end to fill that spot with a 2nd line d-man via trade or free agent signing. I say :shakeheadNO:shakehead to the Luongo trade, Markstrom will transition nicely this year with alot of back to back games. I see Theo playing 20-25 games, Clem playing 10-15 and Marky playing 7-10.

Im pumped for puck drop Saturday, Carolina is a better team than last year and will be a good test right off the bat. I wanna see those rats fly in South Florida. Ill be cheering from the cold North.

I SEE RED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad