Waived: DLR/Pleks Waived

Will He Get Claimed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
He gets waived and all of a sudden he's a beast according to some people here.
The dude is an AHL player. He's a discount-Joel Armia and I'm already not a huge fan of Armia.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'll be shocked if he's not picked... but I think we can replace him internally so even if it sucks losing him, it is what it is...

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
The other thing I was thinking about was sending Alzner down. We would not have any extra D but we have a lot of home games and our road games are close to Montreal.

Oct 17: Blues vs Habs
Oct 20: Habs vs Sens
Oct 23: Flames vs Habs
Oct 25: Habs vs Sabres
Oct 27: Habs vs Bruins
Oct 30: Stars vs Habs
Nov 5th: Habs vs Islanders
Nov 6th: Habs vs Rangers
Nov 8th: Sabres vs Habs
Nov 10th: Knights vs Habs

Nov 13th: Habs vs Oilers
Nov 15th: Habs vs Flames
Nov 17th: Habs vs Canucks

We almost have a month before we head out west on a road trip. Before that, all our games are close to Montreal and only one back to back in NY. If someone gets hurt on D, we have time and there is little travel to call someone up.

I would of waived Alzner to buy a bit more time.

It could be the next move, yea.

Could be Kotkaniemi to Finland, Deslauriers on waivers. Scherbak or Hudon traded.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Hopefully he clears and we trade a similar guy for him but better offensive upside ( more boom or bust)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Guys, relax, we're talking about DLR here:

He's not exactly that hard to replace.

There is no secrete that he has not show ability to produce and when he did show some (after the pleky trade), it was meaningless games and a small sample size. He did play a role with Sweden in the worlds though.

I think the issue is future potential and can he reach it.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Nobody wanted him... I think he clears now.

Why trade for him when you know you could get him for free?

I'm just surprised that we signed this guy for 2 years and don't have a place for him in the lineup.

Maybe it was the plan the whole time... 2 years so that no one claims him! :naughty:

So if DLR clears does that mean a team can then trade for him and he can be sent to the AHL without having to clear waivers again? I'm not really sure how the waiver rule works for cases like that.

If he clears, there's no point in trading him...

The other thing I was thinking about was sending Alzner down. We would not have any extra D but we have a lot of home games and our road games are close to Montreal.

Oct 17: Blues vs Habs
Oct 20: Habs vs Sens
Oct 23: Flames vs Habs
Oct 25: Habs vs Sabres
Oct 27: Habs vs Bruins
Oct 30: Stars vs Habs
Nov 5th: Habs vs Islanders
Nov 6th: Habs vs Rangers
Nov 8th: Sabres vs Habs
Nov 10th: Knights vs Habs

Nov 13th: Habs vs Oilers
Nov 15th: Habs vs Flames
Nov 17th: Habs vs Canucks

We almost have a month before we head out west on a road trip. Before that, all our games are close to Montreal and only one back to back in NY. If someone gets hurt on D, we have time and there is little travel to call someone up.

I would of waived Alzner to buy a bit more time.

It could be the next move because we still have too many bodies...

Reactions: CDN24

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So if DLR clears does that mean a team can then trade for him and he can be sent to the AHL without having to clear waivers again? I'm not really sure how the waiver rule works for cases like that.

My understanding is that once the player clears, he doesn't have to go through waivers again unless the team calls him up and keeps him on its NHL roster for 10 games or 30 days, whichever is shorter.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I dont even think we will get a 3rd for him. Hes lost another step.

You talking about Pleky? I'm not so sure. A lot has to do with how many games he plays from now till the deadline and what teams are looking for at the deadline. A reliable center who coaches trust is something GM's look for to reinforce their line-up for a playoff run.

Honestly, I don't think Pleky is any worse than he was last year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I would've rather not put DLR on waivers but I'm definitely not heartbroken. I think he can be better than what he's shown though. Up the middle we have Poehling, Suzuki (if he's not a winger), Olofsson, Evans (whom I could also see moved to the wing). Hell even Vejdemo could be better than DLR.

Would be amazing if he clears and he can maybe get some mojo back in Laval. I'd like to see what both he and McCarron could do on the wing.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’d be amazed if he’s not claimed. Imagine Nashville would love him. That line of Forsberg, Aarvidson and DLR was excellent at the Worlds last summer.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Why trade for him when you know you could get him for free?

Maybe it was the plan the whole time... 2 years so that no one claims him! :naughty:

If he clears, there's no point in trading him...

Exactly the richer teams like mtl tend to give 2 year 1 way contracts to marginal players that they expect to expose to waivers. More chance of getting them through as for some teams a $1.8M salary commitment for a marginal guy is too much. I remember they did this a few years ago with Mark barberio. Not that it helped. Colorado still claimed him

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I’d be amazed if he’s not claimed. Imagine Nashville would love him. That line of Forsberg, Aarvidson and DLR was excellent at the Worlds last summer.

If Nashville claims him then they have to waive someone. They are at 23 on roster with nobody waiver exempt.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Next to come off waivers is Deslauriers right? I'd send him down to the AHL no problem at all. Schlemko is due back sometime in November. This is what I would do...

1) Waive Alzner, not DLR. Lernout can be called up if we get a injury on D
2) Send Kotkaniemi back to Finland (or AHL) once he plays 9 games. Finland is my 1st choice though. Deslauriers take his spot
3) Waive Deslauriers when Schlemko is ready

When the dust settles...
Tatar / Danault / Gallagher
Drouin / Domi / Lehkonen
Hudon / Pleky / Byron
Shaw / DLR / Armia
Peca, Scherbak

Mete / Petry
Reilly / Juulsen
Quellet / Benn
Schlemko

Price
Niemi

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Very much a "nothing move". There are dozens of DLR type players around the league. We have a few ourselves.

I think people are looking at this wrong. Its not Pleks vs DLR. Its more Peca vs DLR at center. And as a winger, DLR,in todays game, doesnt have the same impact as Sherbak either,let alone the guys in the lineup.

Its a good sign that a guy like him has become expendable.

Now im more anxious to see who gets the boot when Deslauriers and Shaw are rdy come end of week. Sherbak may very well be next to go.

I think the kid will be sent back after a couple more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad