• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We should honestly stop with this whole 4th liner thing around here, this team has four 2/3 lines and a ton of guys are interchangeable on any given night.

I agree with your intent and point you are making but I think we have Two #2 lines, One #3 line, and One 4th. Ask me in November and I think it changes. If Kotkaniemi gets sent back to Finland or to the AHL, the roster gets shuffled around. In this case, Hudon is not on the 4th line IMO.

Reactions: donghabs98

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Next to come off waivers is Deslauriers right? I'd send him down to the AHL no problem at all. Schlemko is due back sometime in November. This is what I would do...

1) Waive Alzner, not DLR. Lernout can be called up if we get a injury on D
2) Send Kotkaniemi back to Finland (or AHL) once he plays 9 games. Finland is my 1st choice though. Deslauriers take his spot
3) Waive Deslauriers when Schlemko is ready

When the dust settles...
Tatar / Danault / Gallagher
Drouin / Domi / Lehkonen
Hudon / Pleky / Byron
Shaw / DLR / Armia
Peca, Scherbak

Mete / Petry
Reilly / Juulsen
Quellet / Benn
Schlemko

Price
Niemi

I like DLO, I think he really embraces the logo and is extremely proud to play for this franchise and he's actually not that bad at actually playing hockey... Pretty sure he's really appreciated in the room also, he will stick around IMO.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I mean what is DLR's ceiling really? Hopefully a 3rd line C?

I like the guy but I won't lose any sleep if he's claimed. People here get way too attached to marginal players.

Reactions: DavePeak

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like DLO, I think he really embraces the logo and is extremely proud to play for this franchise and he's actually not that bad at actually playing hockey... Pretty sure he's really appreciated in the room also, he will stick around IMO.

I like him too and when I see the Habs players hang out and post pictures, It seems DLR is with them. I agree with you that he is respected and appreciated. The kid has not played a full season yet. I have hopes for him yet.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder what line Bouchard will use him on.

Doesn't Laval have a massive roster?

Bad news for McCarron... he gets bumped down. Last time I checked the lines were like this (Oct 7th ish)...

Agostino / Chaput / Grenier
Shinkaruk / McCarron / Froese
Jevpalovs / Vejdemo / Belzile
Audette / Evans / Alain

Lernout / Kulak
Lamarch / Plant
Sklenicka / Moravcik

Lindgren
McNiven

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
While I would have preferred to move DLR for a pick or prospect I'm assuming no team was interested in that. I can't see the habs placing him on waivers if there was any real interest in DLR.

At this point losing De la Rose isnt that big. At best he is a checking 3rd liner. For us team we dont lack players for our bottom 6. I would be more frustrated if we place and lose Scherbak for nothing because at least he has the potential to be a player this team lacks which is someone with offensive talent that can score.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Theres a ton of Jacob de Rose's in the nhl and ahl. Hes easily replaceable. He does have a nhl future though imo. But he wont be missed.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I mean what is DLR's ceiling really? Hopefully a 3rd line C?

I like the guy but I won't lose any sleep if he's claimed. People here get way too attached to marginal players.

Beaulieu, Jerabek, Tinordi and Sekac come to mind. Admittedly I wasnt too happy at the time to see these guys go but our marginal players rarely pan out long term for their new teams.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
After watching Detroit last night, I can't see any valid reason for the Red Wings for not adding a great defensive player like DLR.. Ehn?

Send Rasmussen in the AHL and grab DLR.

Reactions: JohnLennon

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Voted No. I think NHL GM's stay away from the heart issues.

2 years one-way contract, some shady heart issues... Bergevin getting good at his job...

I like him too and when I see the Habs players hang out and post pictures, It seems DLR is with them. I agree with you that he is respected and appreciated. The kid has not played a full season yet. I have hopes for him yet.

I was talking about Deslauriers actually...

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
So if DLR clears does that mean a team can then trade for him and he can be sent to the AHL without having to clear waivers again? I'm not really sure how the waiver rule works for cases like that.

Right,

A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Next to come off waivers is Deslauriers right? I'd send him down to the AHL no problem at all. Schlemko is due back sometime in November. This is what I would do...

1) Waive Alzner, not DLR. Lernout can be called up if we get a injury on D
2) Send Kotkaniemi back to Finland (or AHL) once he plays 9 games. Finland is my 1st choice though. Deslauriers take his spot
3) Waive Deslauriers when Schlemko is ready

When the dust settles...
Tatar / Danault / Gallagher
Drouin / Domi / Lehkonen
Hudon / Pleky / Byron
Shaw / DLR / Armia
Peca, Scherbak

Mete / Petry
Reilly / Juulsen
Quellet / Benn
Schlemko

Price
Niemi

Why are people talking about waiving DLO? There is a ton more dead weight that could be trimmed before him.

He's not great offensively but provides a physical presence and some energy. It's not like armia does any of that. He's a good bottom sixer.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Done ;)

Thanks for the idea.

Thanks for doing it. It's not that it's earth-shattering, but I figured with several people leaning on either side, it would make a good short term, shits and giggles pursuit.

Maybe some will take vCash bets on the poll's outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad