Will He Get Claimed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
And we need to drop someone else once Deslauriers is activated lol

Might make sense to send Deslauriers on a conditioning stint, if allowed? A short term move but it might be enough if an injury to the forward lineup occurs

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Very Happy with that, i dont want players that are total black hole offensively like DLR..We are not like the Leafs, we need to score by committee, so no room for a guy like that.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Some posters couldn't believe I would prefer a new 2nd round pick over DLR before training camp.

Hopefully Plekanec somehow nets us one again at the TDL this year.

I would of considered it a lateral move. 2nd round picks are valuable but there is usually only 1-3 NHL players snagged in the 2nd round each year. I just don't see GM's making this kind of move though. DLR is not that hard to replace. If he shown ability to have some sort of offense, I think there would be lots of interest. However, the book is out on him now. He is a bottom 2 center potential and lacks offensive skills. So more like a 4th line center until he can take the next step

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just trade Scherbak or put Deslauriers on waivers.

I was thinking Deslauriers should of been the guy put on waivers. However, He is not activated yet and DLR has been on the IR but practicing with the team. He stands to be the first one to come back off of IR so room needs to be made. Deslauriers is next.

Prior to last night, I would of put Peca on waivers. But he played a very good game.

I think it's smart to keep Scherbak as he has goal scoring and play making ability. Yeah, he needs to mature but we also need to see him play more before we pin down his real potential.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So if DLR clears does that mean a team can then trade for him and he can be sent to the AHL without having to clear waivers again? I'm not really sure how the waiver rule works for cases like that.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Very much a "nothing move". There are dozens of DLR type players around the league. We have a few ourselves.

I think people are looking at this wrong. Its not Pleks vs DLR. Its more Peca vs DLR at center. And as a winger, DLR,in todays game, doesnt have the same impact as Sherbak either,let alone the guys in the lineup.

Its a good sign that a guy like him has become expendable.

Now im more anxious to see who gets the boot when Deslauriers and Shaw are rdy come end of week. Sherbak may very well be next to go.

Reactions: muzion

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I always liked DLR but offense dies when he’s on the ice. Think he could be a 4th C on a team like Toronto though where they just want some size and defensive ability from the spot.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The other thing I was thinking about was sending Alzner down. We would not have any extra D but we have a lot of home games and our road games are close to Montreal.

Oct 17: Blues vs Habs
Oct 20: Habs vs Sens
Oct 23: Flames vs Habs
Oct 25: Habs vs Sabres
Oct 27: Habs vs Bruins
Oct 30: Stars vs Habs
Nov 5th: Habs vs Islanders
Nov 6th: Habs vs Rangers
Nov 8th: Sabres vs Habs
Nov 10th: Knights vs Habs

Nov 13th: Habs vs Oilers
Nov 15th: Habs vs Flames
Nov 17th: Habs vs Canucks

We almost have a month before we head out west on a road trip. Before that, all our games are close to Montreal and only one back to back in NY. If someone gets hurt on D, we have time and there is little travel to call someone up.

I would of waived Alzner to buy a bit more time.

Reactions: Agalloch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad