Confirmed with Link: DJ Smith fired, Jacques Martin in as interim, Alfie as assistant

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019

Keep waiting for Brady to say something like the changes the coaching staff has brought in we are buying into and getting results . I doubt we ever get anything explicit from Brady. We have from several other players. He doesn't have to say the words just wondering if he gives any credit in that direction.

Not sure he will, DJ is like his big bro but i hope that at least he understands now that a change was needed.

Man we really sacrificed this season and potentially even last season because of dj
Bad luck with Melnyk death, long wait before new ownership and this new one being too cautious (Dorion being a bad GM and wanting his DJ to the end).

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
What’s the thought about Capuano as head coach? He’s a former head coach and survived the purge, he must have some leadership skills.

Dude Cappuccino sucks ass he was kept probably because they are paying him Melnyk salary for NHL assistants, or about $45000 a year + mileage.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
It was a question, not an endorsement. I don’t know anything about the guy. I was hoping for some information instead of shots from the hip.
I will defend Loach on this one.. it was a joke.. You missed it.

kinda like a group of buddies shooting shit, "what's wrong with you"" is just trash talking.

ClickClick. BOOM! ClickClick. BOOM! ClickClick. BOOM!
loach,

we cannot read minds. And so, it is not always easy to know when you are joking or delivering real insults.

Add emojis to your jokes.

I read you line and laughed.. someone else would have been easily insulted.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I will defend Loach on this one.. it was a joke.. You missed it.

kinda like a group of buddies shooting shit, "what's wrong with you"" is just trash talking.

loach,

we cannot read minds. And so, it is not always easy to know when you are joking or delivering real insults.

Add emojis to your jokes.

I read you line and laughed.. someone else would have been easily insulted.
ONE FOR YOU TOO! ClickClick. BOOM!

I'm racking up the xp today.

• Haha
Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dude Cappuccino sucks ass he was kept probably because they are paying him Melnyk salary for NHL assistants, or about $45000 a year + mileage.

he also coached Staois in NYI so could be some friendship there

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa

An interesting point. I was wondering how he would isolate whether it was really improved play or just teams not giving a full effort against a bottom team. Like the Sens seem to do. A neat idea to isolate the possession stats and note they improved as opposed to say shooting percentage. But still I wonder, if a top team is sort of playing standings effects so to speak, wouldn’t our Corsi improve a bit too? But still I take his point and it does seem there is something more substantial developing than previous years.

And as he also importantly noted, our renewal also coincided with a rare healthy roster that has never really established its roles and confidence to a point that they can withstand losing key pieces to injury for a while.

But so far im a believer. Less inclined to be a seller but can deal with it.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
An interesting point. I was wondering how he would isolate whether it was really improved play or just teams not giving a full effort against a bottom team. Like the Sens seem to do. A neat idea to isolate the possession stats and note they improved as opposed to say shooting percentage. But still I wonder, if a top team is sort of playing standings effects so to speak, wouldn’t our Corsi improve a bit too? But still I take his point and it does seem there is something more substantial developing than previous years.

And as he also importantly noted, our renewal also coincided with a rare healthy roster that has never really established its roles and confidence to a point that they can withstand losing key pieces to injury for a while.

But so far im a believer. Less inclined to be a seller but can deal with it.
It is not only a healthy roster - it is also a much better roster - take a look who was in the lineup last year at this time. It was atrocious.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012

Rookie Centers- 2 and 3 spots
Holden (out of the league)
Gautheir(recently waived again)
Brassard(out of the league)
Gambrell (AHL)
Debrincat - one of the most overrated top six players in the league
Austin Watson (Is he even playing right now)
Hamonic( top four)

That is a lot of dead weight! One third of that team is not in the league anymore.

It is a wonder why they were able to make a late season push.

The team playing well is directly related to having a healthy lineup and a better overall roster construction.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Rookie Centers- 2 and 3 spots
Holden (out of the league)
Gautheir(recently waived again)
Brassard(out of the league)
Gambrell (AHL)
Debrincat - one of the most overrated top six players in the league
Austin Watson (Is he even playing right now)
Hamonic( top four)

That is a lot of dead weight!

It is a wonder why they were able to make a late season push.

The team playing well is directly related to having a healthy lineup and a better overall roster construction.

lots of good veterans in that lineup.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Honestly if Jacques Martin wants the job , give him the permanent gig

He's doing wonders, bilingual, and his pressers are so refreshing

Let's hear everyone's thoughts on if Jacques has done enough to keep the gig if he wants it .... ???

I don't think he wants the job. If he wants it he should have it. I'm guessing he's grooming Capuano. Staois will do a quick check of the market and then go with Capuano.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Honestly if Jacques Martin wants the job , give him the permanent gig

He's doing wonders, bilingual, and his pressers are so refreshing

Let's hear everyone's thoughts on if Jacques has done enough to keep the gig if he wants it .... ???

I don't think he wants the full time HC gig . But if he does I am giving it to him. Very smart coach.. Has turned these guys around. Another season would be fantastic... he could get them to the point of no return to the place they came from .. which whether they like to see it or not would not have brought them where they want to go. I still can't get over the resistance and the pouty reaction when their big BRO DJ was let go.

Reactions: Emrasie

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I don't think he wants the job. If he wants it he should have it. I'm guessing he's grooming Capuano. Staois will do a quick check of the market and then go with Capuano.
Cappy probably has close to zero chance imo.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Very much doubt Capuano gets the gig, if they thought he was viable, he'd have been the interim coach.

I think Poulin will push for Berube, Staios will probably want to interview woodcroft. Martin will probably have some suggestions, if the pens fire Sullivan I imagine M,artin will put in a good word for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad