Confirmed with Link: DJ Smith fired, Jacques Martin in as interim, Alfie as assistant

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

All the best to DJ, wish him well, but man... it's a beautiful day.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I wish him no ill-will, DJ Smith had a lot of young players insulated by rubbish veterans courtesy of cook-in-training for Gabriel's Pizza. He allowed the players to grow their individual skills, letting them make mistakes, but I think it lingered and became bad habits. The players need a new voice to indoctrinate them on cohesive hockey that leads to success.

Congrats to JM on his interim role. Excited to see him and Alfie behind the bench.

Go Sens Go!

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
giphy[1].gif

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Lol wtf. Thank heavens.

Love that it's Jacques.

Honestly, best wishes to DJ. He'll never get another head coach gig, and it's a put up or shut up position, but he always struck me as a genuinely nice guy. The type I wish would succeed, but couldn't for whatever reason.

Reactions: Bileur

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Alfie on the bench as assistant. I hope he doesn't end up in the coaching meat grinder, and can transition back to his coaching rover position if he wants to.

I think he ends up as part of the front office and that part of the reason he was in an on ice role was because they weren't going to move out Dorion or execute the transition until the offseason.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Capuano is really valued by this organization for some reason, considering they have consistently blocked other teams from trying to interview him for HC positions elsewhere.
That was Dorion and Melnyk. There is no way that would be happening with this management group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad