OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Dude is a free agent and they want 10 mil in agent fees? Crooks.

Cavani is someone I wanted for (Chelsea) a few years, but he’s a bit long in the tooth now. Play has dropped off for sure, but put into MU’s lineup, maybe he has a resurgence.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Martial red carded for slapping Lamela in the face.

Holy crap what is this game

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
“The first time Manchester United have ever given up 4 goals in the first half of a PL game, home or away”.......

Wow.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
7 goals for Aston Villa? Did they have that many in all of last season?

What a weird day. I wonder what kind of panic moves ManU has in their pocket for today.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

The Premier League said the plans formed by Liverpool and United's American owners with EFL chairman Rick Parry would be damaging for the English game, particularly as it could widen the disparities. Within Project Big Picture are means for clubs to sell their own rights to live matches which would see the most popular clubs generate the most cash.

What a load of crap. I assume this would've meant a lot more wall-off games and a worse deal for fans.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What a load of crap. I assume this would've meant a lot more wall-off games and a worse deal for fans.

I hope not given the vitriol right now....hopefully it’s just the big clubs selling their rights individually to maximize profits, which they then pass down.....I just don’t see how this doesn’t further the divide between the big boys and the rest.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Weston McKennie tests positive for COVID-19. Was obviously around Ronaldo. Juve have to be careful it doesn’t spread throughout the squad

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I hope not given the vitriol right now....hopefully it’s just the big clubs selling their rights individually to maximize profits, which they then pass down.....I just don’t see how this doesn’t further the divide between the big boys and the rest.

I assumed it would be sold as a profit-sharing structure with similar presumed benefits touted by most US sports leagues that cite Yankees/Cowboys/etc as big draws that help fund smaller clubs. But I also see it as a chance to put even more content behind paywalls, which sucks. If Chelsea or Arsenal go to CBS for example, how long before those games are split off to CBS All Access? Then maybe MU sells to ESPN and then ESPN+ is the only place to catch their games. Etc.

Bleh.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I assumed it would be sold as a profit-sharing structure with similar presumed benefits touted by most US sports leagues that cite Yankees/Cowboys/etc as big draws that help fund smaller clubs. But I also see it as a chance to put even more content behind paywalls, which sucks. If Chelsea or Arsenal go to CBS for example, how long before those games are split off to CBS All Access? Then maybe MU sells to ESPN and then ESPN+ is the only place to catch their games. Etc.

Bleh.

I will NEVER pay a per match fee. Provide me with a channel or 3 that either comes with my $200 a month TV bill, and/or that I’d be willing to pony up a reasonable monthly fee for a channel that covers everything else. The extra competitions, Cups, etc....

The television rights in football are carved up and sold off like a cow.....it’s BS.

you can only hope that the PL would have it on their contract that a CBS in your scenario, would be obligated to air those on main air or readily available affiliate/sub-channels.

but it would be dirty pool to make that move to these CBS channels and a year later start charging addons or paywalling certain matches. They lose me as a fan then....

Last edited:
Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Looks like we get our PL morning back tomorrow, but the MU game at 3 is walled off.

upload_2020-10-16_7-47-37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad