OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Eden Hazard has returned to Real Madrid overweight for the second straight year — GIVEMESPORT

1. Realize boyhood dream
2. Take 2 years off

Tough to see your (one time) favorite player pull this. Enjoy Real Madrid.

Always mildly perplexing and somewhat sad to see big names struggle with new teams, especially when they're off to their "dream" destination. Coutinho won a Champions League title this year but I am sure he did not expect it to come as a loaned member to Bayern after his time at Barca was a stinker. Hazard to Real has been terrible. Bale has been a great player for Real but is persona non grata over there. Alexis Sanchez asked his agent if he could go back to Arsenal after his first practice at United and was a free transfer this summer to Inter to make that move permanent. Pogba to United was terrible. Drinkwater to Chelsea, historically bad. The list of shattered hopes and dreams is long... just goes to show the grass isn't always greener.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
For some the peak of their career is getting to the team they've always wanted to play for and get set for life doing so. It's easy for some to think they have accomplished all they wanted and lose the motivation.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
For some the peak of their career is getting to the team they've always wanted to play for and get set for life doing so. It's easy for some to think they have accomplished all they wanted and lose the motivation.

not sure what your point is, but if it’s to say work hard, reach your ultimate goal and then F off and blow it all, well, I’m gonna disagree with that life “plan”.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
not sure what your point is, but if it’s to say work hard, reach your ultimate goal and then F off and blow it all, well, I’m gonna disagree with that life “plan”.

Well, people are different. Some will say that you still reached your ultimate goal.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not really. Maybe in the eyes of the die hard fans but that's a very small minority.

You think his employer is happy and wants to pay a guy who doesn’t care? This has zero to do with fans.

not sure where you’re attempting to take this, but for a guy who was one of the best, to show up overweight and weeks behind his teammates fitness-wise 2 years in a row.....well maybe my expectations are high, but that’s crap.

He realized a dream and appears to be squandering it.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
You think his employer is happy and wants to pay a guy who doesn’t care? This has zero to do with fans.

not sure where you’re attempting to take this, but for a guy who was one of the best, to show up overweight and weeks behind his teammates fitness-wise 2 years in a row.....well maybe my expectations are high, but that’s crap.

He realized a dream and appears to be squandering it.

They don't, but they still have to. Look at Gareth Bale. Even if the employer realised he made a mistake in signing the guy they still have to pay him.

I agree with, my point is just that a guy like that just doesn't seem to give a shit anymore. You can turn up unfit and overweight maybe once and even then it requires you to get that trust back from the staff, teammates and fans by working hard to fix that. Doing it twice clearly indicates that the guy just doesn't give a shit anymore. He will show up to work to collect his paycheck (0.6 million euros per week, not bad) but that's not a guy looking to improve as a player.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Bale is being sat....he didn’t show up not ready to play. Don’t think it’s all that similar, except the ramifications for Hazard could end up being close to the same.

Maybe they can move him to PSG when Mbappe leaves...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Bale is being sat....he didn’t show up not ready to play. Don’t think it’s all that similar, except the ramifications for Hazard could end up being close to the same.

Maybe they can move him to PSG when Mbappe leaves...

I don't know how serious the rumors are but if Mbappe leaves for some reason I see him in Barca

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know how serious the rumors are but if Mbappe leaves for some reason I see him in Barca

If Barca can afford him. Real wanted him, but who knows now?

Given the state of upheaval at Barca, maybe he comes in to take over if Messi leaves?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If Barca can afford him. Real wanted him, but who knows now?

Given the state of upheaval at Barca, maybe he comes in to take over if Messi leaves?

That's what I'm thinking. He can play wherever he wants. Don't know enough about his childhood dream club, though. Just seems like a fit at Barca to me, esp with their downturn. Maybe he can drag Neymar back there, too. lajlsdkal

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So many games seem to be moving to pay apps it's ridiculous. Both AM EPL slots today are only on Peacock premium. Same with some of the US Open coverage.

Already paying way too much for tv/internet. Not going to nickel and dime it for every network's splinter app cash grab.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ridiculous, the whole industry stinks. If I was the PL I would not be happy here... so much less exposure for them with games moving behind a paywall. Hopefully the overwhelmingly negative reaction to this forces NBCSN to make an about face on this decision but that's a long shot.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Ridiculous, the whole industry stinks. If I was the PL I would not be happy here... so much less exposure for them with games moving behind a paywall. Hopefully the overwhelmingly negative reaction to this forces NBCSN to make an about face on this decision but that's a long shot.

I think they're trying to see how many people jump to the premium. High starting bid. If it flops and they lose viewership they may backtrack. So I'd rather miss some games than contribute to the continued layering of "pay tv".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad