OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ridiculous, the whole industry stinks. If I was the PL I would not be happy here... so much less exposure for them with games moving behind a paywall. Hopefully the overwhelmingly negative reaction to this forces NBCSN to make an about face on this decision but that's a long shot.
They say everyone is "cutting the cord" and need to get that money back somehow. The idea of cutting the cord wasn't for every major cable network to have their own streaming platform. Now you have to spend just as much as you do for cable but on 4-5 different streaming platforms. It's stupid

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They say everyone is "cutting the cord" and need to get that money back somehow. The idea of cutting the cord wasn't for every major cable network to have their own streaming platform. Now you have to spend just as much as you do for cable but on 4-5 different streaming platforms. It's stupid

Yup. And of course, because of the way market forces work, now the ISPs/Cable companies are modifying their bundles so that after DVR, Internet, and Channel selection the price is competitive with streaming which can be less reliable on its own. So you're stuck either way, and still have to add the offshoot apps like Peacock, or CBS All Access, or Disney+, or whatever. It's a scam.

Every so often I price it all out and come to the same conclusion. I could maybe save a few bucks here and there but ultimately it's never worth it.

For someone who's not tied down to a house/family etc with a lot of needs maybe a limited plan with select apps makes sense, though.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
upload_2020-9-19_14-24-32.png

Reactions: sabremike

Lobodomy

Feb 25, 2019
Finland
Palace f***ing us in the ass, loving it. Maybe this will force Glazers finally get that Sancho deal done (yea right). :eviltongu

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The thing that's even more enraging about Peacock is they don't even have an app for gaming consoles or smart TVs so you have to watch it on your iPad or phone. Absurd.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Palace f***ing us in the ass, loving it. Maybe this will force Glazers finally get that Sancho deal done (yea right). :eviltongu

I doubt that's even possible anymore. British media certainly milking it like it is but don't think Dortmund agree to sell him anymore this summer. I don't think Sancho is in a hurry to move to a weaker team when he can challenge to win another title in Dortmund this season and then there will be more teams, better teams in the running to get him next summer.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yup. And of course, because of the way market forces work, now the ISPs/Cable companies are modifying their bundles so that after DVR, Internet, and Channel selection the price is competitive with streaming which can be less reliable on its own. So you're stuck either way, and still have to add the offshoot apps like Peacock, or CBS All Access, or Disney+, or whatever. It's a scam.

Every so often I price it all out and come to the same conclusion. I could maybe save a few bucks here and there but ultimately it's never worth it.

For someone who's not tied down to a house/family etc with a lot of needs maybe a limited plan with select apps makes sense, though.

I’ve been looking at the schedule on LiveSoccer and it looks like DAZN gets the majority of games. $8.33 a month on a 12 month plan purchase and you get some good boxing and MMA.

never pulled the trigger on NBCSN+, but I do get ESPN+ with the Disney bundle. This whole system is BS. I’ve boycotted the latest Star Trek series on CBS because of this same scheme. I spend a lot of coin for a TV package, then to get nickeled and dimed is infuriating.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I doubt that's even possible anymore. British media certainly milking it like it is but don't think Dortmund agree to sell him anymore this summer. I don't think Sancho is in a hurry to move to a weaker team when he can challenge to win another title in Dortmund this season and then there will be more teams, better teams in the running to get him next summer.

I think you’re right. Next year....

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
City and Chelsea look absolutely brutal defensively. ManU have their own issues and to be honest they are lucky to even have a point now. Arsenal look slightly better but i doubt there is enough quality there to challenge for the title.

Shocked if Klopp and Liverpool don't win the title again by atleast 10 points.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Is it just me or does Man City always get an easy group draw? Liverpool's group looks weak as well with Ajax having sold a number of their top performers this summer. Group H looks the toughest to me.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Is it just me or does Man City always get an easy group draw? Liverpool's group looks weak as well with Ajax having sold a number of their top performers this summer. Group H looks the toughest to me.

It's not just you, they definitely seem to luck out every year.

Group H and B looks like the most interesting ones.

Lobodomy

Feb 25, 2019
Finland
Damn TV pairings.

Liverpool is paired with Manchester United, like two years ago, and that City is paired with Chelsea. In particular, this means that during the draw, if Liverpool is placed in groups ABCD, United fans can presume that the Red Devils can only be drawn in groups EFGH.

Without this, United would've had a chance to get into "easier" Group C :confused:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Honestly can't say enough about how shitty the Peacock move is. Haven't watched this little PL in probably a decade.

But on a more positive note... Gio Reyna looks like a star in the making. The USMNT could be in really good shape if they could find themselves a proper coach.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Honestly can't say enough about how shitty the Peacock move is. Haven't watched this little PL in probably decade.

But on a more positive note... Gio Reyna looks like a star in the making. The USMNT could be in really good shape if they could find themselves a proper coach.

following in his Dad’s footsteps, only at a big ass club in Deutschland with a lot of talented players.

Exciting to see this, Dest going to Barca, etc....

Like you said though....now they need a legit Coach to bring it all together.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium

Ronaldo VS Messi x2
Maybe the last 2 games head to head.

Sorry, someone needs to explain how agents fees work in soccer. They don't just get a cut like in other sports?

Well, it's a whole (different) world.

If I had free time, I could explain to you how agents work in Belgian football for example.
When sometimes 1 agent has 6-7-8 players in 1 club and 5-6-7 players in an other club. They act like managing director of these clubs
Clubs gave agents so much power in the football world.

-------

At first sight I didn't understand the move

But with a tight schedule because of Corona -> United will play every 2-3-4 days until early january 2021 (at least)
+ the campions league. (and not the Europa League) this year
Cavani is a good fit to give Martial some rest when needed.

Ighalo is a good enough to play in EL as #2 but for the CL/EPL, it's better to have someone with more experience.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad