OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Looks like we get our PL morning back tomorrow, but the MU game at 3 is walled off.

View attachment 373008

And Sunday is the opposite, 3 games on Peacock and only 1 on NBCSN.

I’m finding myself watching more La Liga on BeIn Sports because I know the games will be available to me.

I’m tired of being excited about a game only to find out I have to pay extra for it. If there is one thing I have found out during the pandemic it is that while I like sports I certainly don’t need them so as soon as you make it difficult to get access to I have no problem saying f**k it I’ll do/watch something else.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And Sunday is the opposite, 3 games on Peacock and only 1 on NBCSN.

I’m finding myself watching more La Liga on BeIn Sports because I know the games will be available to me.

I’m tired of being excited about a game only to find out I have to pay extra for it. If there is one thing I have found out during the pandemic it is that while I like sports I certainly don’t need them so as soon as you make it difficult to get access to I have no problem saying f**k it I’ll do/watch something else.

I watch about an equal amount of EPL and Liga, but I definitely prefer EPL on weekend mornings.

Every time some financial thing takes away a sport due to strike/lockout/cash grab, I find something else to do. So yeah, not going to cave here, either. I hope others do the same.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The gents in the VAR booth didn’t have a good day during the LIV/EVE game. Mane ruled offsides by the hair on his elbow? Crazy.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Pulisic in today.

Unreal offside VAR at the end of LIV/EVE.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The gents in the VAR booth didn’t have a good day during the LIV/EVE game. Mane ruled offsides by the hair on his elbow? Crazy.

They're trying to make it scientific but they're only working with half the equation. They can use plotting tools to accurately map the forward position of body parts at the line but they can't get the exact moment the ball is considered to have been delivered. In this case, in the frame they chose to freeze, the ball itself is an oblong blur which means the position of the offside player is being shown AFTER the initial strike.

I'm not versed in the exact language of the rule but this seems like a huge flaw in VAR.

What competitive advantage is had by dangling your shirtsleeve a millimeter offside?

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The part of Mane that was “offsides” was his arm so it shouldn’t even matter. He can’t legally play the ball with his arm. Just seems absolutely asinine that they’d call that offsides and it ruined a beautiful play starting with Tiago quickly faking the cross to play the ball in to Mane

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
So Everton and Aston Villa are atop the Premier League table, just as we all predicted. This is gonna be a fun season.

Reactions: ovikovy817

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
upload_2020-10-20_7-41-26.png

If FuboTV had an option to buy just the footie broadcasts I'd probably leap at that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Apparently I might be able to watch games in Spanish with my TV package. It could be worse I guess...

I have a season pass set up (yes I still have Tivo) for UCL so maybe it will record a few.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Early season neither side playing well at the moment. Not exactly sure what either team will look like. It should be entertaining at the very least IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well....let’s see who’s seat gets hotter today Frank’s or Ole’s.....

I’m not feeling optimistic for my boys....Pulisic could change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad