OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Based on the turtle pace of the Dutch decision making and playing tempo against Sweden the US should kill them. The US is way more athletic and I expect them to just swarm them and destroy them.

I guess they could play very defensively, soak up pressure, and counter and hope to take advantage of set pieces but if they try to control the ball against the US they are going to get killed IMO.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Based on the turtle pace of the Dutch decision making and playing tempo against Sweden the US should kill them. The US is way more athletic and I expect them to just swarm them and destroy them.

I guess they could play very defensively, soak up pressure, and counter and hope to take advantage of set pieces but if they try to control the ball against the US they are going to get killed IMO.

That's what I saw, too. The US team played a very uptempo style with quick re-starts for the first 2 games or so and then seemed to relax or become fatigued, maybe from the heat, maybe to prevent injury. They only went back to that well a few more times, usually in the 2nd half of games to salt them away.

I expect this final game to be nothing but pedal to the metal attacking and turning upfield.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008

I completely agree. I found the Netherlands to be very underwhelming and I think Sweden would have given us a much better game. Technical skill and speed was lacking on the Dutch side. In particular their right wing, the woman with the short hair (Van de Sanden?), is a problem for them. She’s slow, has mediocre ball skills, and I saw her repeatedly turn the ball over against Sweden. I will be shocked if the game is close. Could be a close score but one of those games where one US goal will feel like a 3-0 lead.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This ref does not want to give the US free/penalty kicks.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Morgan and Rapinoe have been trying to draw penalties way too much. This ref is not going to call a bunch of those in the Final.

Netherlands taking advantage and playing aggressively and physically. Bad news for the US if this continues.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Will watch the 2nd half of men vs mexico tomorrow.

going to be seeing that elbow bending backwards in my sleep, though

tenor.gif

Reactions: hb12xchamps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Uuuuughhhh.

Seriously, aren't they shopping Koscielny anyway? That's probably got something to do with it.

Also not sure why Arsenal would agree to let a hot target for CB like this slide for a year:

Arsenal on the brink of completing $33M deal for defensive starlet

Looks like their answer to Van Dijk

Skeptical about this unless they're looking to dump salary in Aubameyang

Arsenal in pole position to sign Real Madrid outcast despite PSG's interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad