OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It was a season ending loss with massive ramifications. I don’t think you would see Pep or Klopp pull that in that scenario.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
In the locker room after a game there's always a mood. Just because he didn't talk then doesn't mean they didn't talk later.

Oates apparently never talked to the team after a loss. Not that I'm defending Oates. klalksdfja

This is a good point. Maybe he spoke to them on the plan or back at the facility but man, I still don't know... I've coached hockey and lacrosse before (obviously not at the professional level or any where remotely close) and I can't imagine not offering some words of encouragement to my guys after a gut-punching loss.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This is a good point. Maybe he spoke to them on the plan or back at the facility but man, I still don't know... I've coached hockey and lacrosse before (obviously not at the professional level or any where remotely close) and I can't imagine not offering some words of encouragement to my guys after a gut-punching loss.

I guess it depends on the coaching style and the players. My HS basketball coach was a Bobby Knight kind of guy and you didn't want to piss him off. After a bad loss we might get ripped or we might not hear a word. The latter was always worse because it meant he planned to take it out on you next practice :laugh::help:

He didn't have to say anything. We knew. I imagine EPL pros also know.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m a Klop fan, so yeah go Liverpool!

Can’t bring myself to pull for the Spurs, but watch them shock the world....

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I guess it depends on the coaching style and the players. My HS basketball coach was a Bobby Knight kind of guy and you didn't want to piss him off. After a bad loss we might get ripped or we might not hear a word. The latter was always worse because it meant he planned to take it out on you next practice :laugh::help:

He didn't have to say anything. We knew. I imagine EPL pros also know.

Bobby Knight types are a dying breed and rightly so.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Nice dive by Trippier.

Fingers tickled my face! AAAAGGH!!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
All because the refs focus on any face contact. It’s embarrassing.

They’re trying to get that cheap one back...

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That was a snoozefest but I'm happy Liverpool won. I think it's kind of a sneaky devastating loss for Spurs. Liverpool were the favorites and failing to come away with any hardware after the season they had would have sucked but Liverpool looks like they're here to stay among the elite in Europe and will probably be better next season while Spurs may well lose Kane and Pochettino in the near future. This may have been their apex.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Selling players is a must to generate funds. Shkodran Mustafi, Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mesut Ozil and Granit Xhaka have all been tipped to leave.

The only guy on there I'd miss is Xhaka. Underrated imo, especially with long shots.

Have not been impressed with Kolasinac, either. Sokratis is tough but draws too many cards for his hijinx.

TBH nobody on that squad should be off limits for replacement except maybe Lacazette and a few of the young guys.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Selling players is a must to generate funds. Shkodran Mustafi, Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mesut Ozil and Granit Xhaka have all been tipped to leave.

The only guy on there I'd miss is Xhaka. Underrated imo, especially with long shots.

Have not been impressed with Kolasinac, either. Sokratis is tough but draws too many cards for his hijinx.

TBH nobody on that squad should be off limits for replacement except maybe Lacazette and a few of the young guys.

There's also a funk around that team that needs cleansing. I agree that Xhaka shouldn't go -- he is a hard-nosed player who performs well.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
D8YTLlgXkAASct9.png

ESPN2 this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad