OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
****ing embarrassing. Hazard torpedoing this team’s chemistry.

Commentators brought up how “this group” fizzled out on the previous 2 managers as well, that a change to the core of the team may be in order. So maybe Hazard dicking around with leaving for Spain isn’t the sole reason for the team’s current performance.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Commentators brought up how “this group” fizzled out on the previous 2 managers as well, that a change to the core of the team may be in order. So maybe Hazard dicking around with leaving for Spain isn’t the sole reason for the team’s current performance.

Nobody said “sole”.

Imagine Ovechkin dreaming to the press about playing for the Rangers repeatedly. You don’t think that has, Oh I don’t know....a major impact on the room?

Soccer players are a spoiled bunch. See Manchester United.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Nobody said “sole”.

Imagine Ovechkin dreaming to the press about playing for the Rangers repeatedly. You don’t think that has, Oh I don’t know....a major impact on the room?

Soccer players are a spoiled bunch. See Manchester United.

You said Hazard torpedoed the teams chemistry. You didn’t give the impression you thought there were other factors for the teams bad play. My bad.

6-Zippy now. Surely heads will need to roll sooner or later right?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Sarri stiffs Pep on the post game handshake. Interesting. I guess it’s Pep’s fault Sarri’s team quit on Sarri.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I still say Spuds aren’t out of it. They still have to go to both the top 2 and both of the top 2 still have to go to ManUre. Spuds have some other tough games also, away to Chelski and hosting the North London derby but they have seemed to have weathered Kane, Son, and Alli all being out at the same time.

Also it will be interesting to see how the Champions League distractions effect the race as only Citeh are definitely going to still be involved after early March and squad depth again could become an issue for them depending on how they prioritize the competitions.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You said Hazard torpedoed the teams chemistry. You didn’t give the impression you thought there were other factors for the teams bad play. My bad.

6-Zippy now. Surely heads will need to roll sooner or later right?

I don’t need to spell it out for you. His nonsense has infected this team for multiple seasons now.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I don’t need to spell it out for you. His nonsense has infected this team for multiple seasons now.

Strikes me as similar situations to Alexis Sanchez with Arsenal and Philippe Coutinho with Liverpool, though I'd rank the order of petulance with Sanchez firmly in first place followed by Hazard then Coutinho in a distant third. All those guys are dynamic talents but the prolonged drama around their situations created a black cloud over their teams. It's no surprise, in my opinion, that both Arsenal and Liverpool improved when those guys left and it's also not a surprise to me that neither of those players lived up to expectations in their new surroundings.

Edit: on this topic, Why Klopp Wanted Coutinho to Leave Liverpool.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Strikes me as similar situations to Alexis Sanchez with Arsenal and Philippe Coutinho with Liverpool, though I'd rank the order of petulance with Sanchez firmly in first place followed by Hazard then Coutinho in a distant third. All those guys are dynamic talents but the prolonged drama around their situations created a black cloud over their teams. It's no surprise, in my opinion, that both Arsenal and Liverpool improved when those guys left and it's also not a surprise to me that neither of those players lived up to expectations in their new surroundings.

Edit: on this topic, Why Klopp Wanted Coutinho to Leave Liverpool.

Already rumors about Phil replacing Hazard...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Alrighty then.

This team **** the bed on Mourinho, Conte and now Sarri. It’s all Hazard’s fault. Got it.

Again....nobody said it was all his fault, but you know when your Superstar, one of the top 5 on the planet dreams to the press repeatedly about Real Madrid....again...don’t need to spell it out do I? It’s gutting.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Man U & PSG game has the potential to be a crazy second half - especially with so many cards. Should be fun. I don't see this game finishing 0-0 - just way too open on both sides.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Kimpembe should have been sent off in the beginning of the second half (the ref gave Young an YC for the same foul in the 1st). Instead of a red card, he scores a goal few minutes later and it changes everything.

Thank you refs, this italian squad will compete with Tim Peel for "best" ref in the world.
VAR. Why do we have this, if they can use it comme il faut?

+ 2 key injuries happening in the 1st half, you don't have time to adapt in 15 minutes your way to play.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad