OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They have plenty of talent. They lacked any semblance of balance today because formation and lineup decisions IMO. They also often look like a side that just met each other in the parking lot before the game and have no actual game plan and for a manager about halfway through his 3rd season at a club that is on him.

Again talented enough for what? Top-4 sure. To contend with Liverpool or City? Nah. At least several notches below.

Jose has probably worn out his welcome as usual. You either ship some big names and upgrade or you move him out.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Again talented enough for what? Top-4 sure. To contend with Liverpool or City? Nah. At least several notches below.

Jose has probably worn out his welcome as usual. You either ship some big names and upgrade or you move him out.

I guess it depends on what you mean by contend. Spuds are 6 back of Liverpool. Chelski 7 back of Citeh and beat them last week. They are currently contending IMO.

ManUre definitely has the talent to be in the same neighborhood and not 19 points back 17 games into the season. Defensively they are simply terrible and that is the one thing he pretty much always gets right.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I guess it depends on what you mean by contend. Spuds are 6 back of Liverpool. Chelski 7 back of Citeh and beat them last week. They are currently contending IMO.

ManUre definitely has the talent to be in the same neighborhood and not 19 points back 17 games into the season. Defensively they are simply terrible and that is the one thing he pretty much always gets right.

Come on....get real. You're using contend pretty damn loosely.

2 teams have a legit shot....the rest are pretenders likely, including my own team.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He was just fine at Juve as well. It's the current environment that stifles Pogba.

Maybe he needs to go back to an environment where they'll supporting him being a jerk? Jose sure isn't tolerating his act.

Anyway, Jose has a short shelf life, even shorter when his stars don't buy in.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Come on....get real. 2 teams have a legit shot....the rest are pretenders likely, including my own team.

Way too many big games left to play to call it this early. If everything keeps going as it has sure but there are plenty of games to play. Injuries happen, form changes, and points are dropped, especially when the distractions of the Champions League knockout stages come around.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Is that what you repeat in your head to keep yourself interested over a long season? LOL....

Long way to go, but those two are heads better than the rest...

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Way too many big games left to play to call it this early. If everything keeps going as it has sure but there are plenty of games to play. Injuries happen, form changes, and points are dropped, especially when the distractions of the Champions League knockout stages come around.
Yeah, kind of hard to write off Chelsea when they're the lone team to beat City so far.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Just being realistic. They need some additions to do more than just upset a great squad.
Probably in terms of making up all of the ground needed. But the ECC win against Liverpool and what should have been a win the next game in league play puts them the closest of anyone (at least head-to-head).

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Pogba worth keeping an eye on the next few matches. Could return to form. If not then he's just a mouth at this point.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Is that what you repeat in your head to keep yourself interested over a long season? LOL....

Long way to go, but those two are heads better than the rest...

I assume you had every game Citeh played for the rest of the season not against the other top 6 teams down in pen as wins?

Not having a replacement for Fernandinho at all or a good replacement for Mendy was obviously a likely problem for them and today it bit them and this likely won’t be the last time IMO.

I’ll say it again, the season is far from over. If Spuds win at Goodison Park tomorrow they will be 2 points back of Citeh with 20 league games to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad