Blue Jays Discussion: Dioner Navarro: The Anti-JP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
We've been linked to Trea Turner in the 1st round.

Don't know much about him, but his MLB.com scouting grades don't excite me (Hit: 50 | Power: 35 | Run: 80 | Arm: 50 | Field: 55 | Overall: 55). While he plays a premium position (SS), I'd rather we go after someone with a more complete hit tool (60 or higher) than another athlete with speed.

Alex Jackson is probably the only guy that fits that mold in the top 10, but he'll be long gone by the 9th pick.

Anyone here have any more info on Turner or some of the other hitters in the top half of the draft?

Don't like Turner. No power potential, limited potential when it comes to his hit tool. Essentially just speed guy, with decent defensive tools. No clue why he's so high in draft rankings, especially as a college draftee.

Nick Gordon will go in the top ten, maybe even before Jackson. He's the real prize in terms of middle infielders in this draft. If he falls to nine, the Jays take him imo, and then come back with most likely Toussaint at #11.

PugFugly

Sep 30, 2008
Zimmer, Conforto, Schwarber, Gillaspie and Chavis have been talked about as having potential plus bats.

Thanks!

Any linked to the Jays?

Don't like Turner. No power potential, limited potential when it comes to his hit tool. Essentially just speed guy, with decent defensive tools. No clue why he's so high in draft rankings, especially as a college draftee.

Nick Gordon will go in the top ten, maybe even before Jackson. He's the real prize in terms of middle infielders in this draft. If he falls to nine, the Jays take him imo, and then come back with most likely Toussaint at #11.

Forgot about Gordon. Baseball America has him going 5th in their most recent Mock Draft but he's moved around a lot. Looks to be more well-rounded than Turner at least.

MLB.com Scouting Grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 40 | Run: 60 | Arm: 60 | Field: 60 | Overall: 60.

With the pick being unprotected, I hope we take Hoffman at 11. My guess is he'll be a sure thing to sign and may even go under slot since he's set to miss his entire senior year.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Lineup May21st:
Reyes
Melky
Bautista
Lind (dh)
EE
Francisco
Lawrie
Navarro
Gose

Hutch v Buchholz

---

Diamond Joe Quimby said:
Doubt he's actually "injured." Just a ploy to get a relief pitcher in. Mujica had just gotten up, and wasn't ready. Farrell doesn't want Doubront to face Bautista\Encarnacion. When a relief pitcher is replacing another pitcher due to injury, they're allowed to throw as many warm up pitches as possible on the mound rather than the limited amount of pitches a regular pitching change calls for. Its a ploy.
#Redsox place LHP Felix Doubront on 15-day DL with left shoulder strain.

It was a good theory, but looks like it's the real deal.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Love that lineup, and Gose adds another dimension to it with the absence of Rasmus.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Lineup May21st:
Reyes
Melky
Bautista
Lind (dh)
EE
Francisco
Lawrie
Navarro
Gose

Hutch v Buchholz

---

Stacked lineup but we definitely take a hit defensively, hopefully Francisco has a good game at 3rd

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
So mlbtraderumors is reporting the White Sox are going to release Jeff Keppinger.

The guy has a good career slash line, and his primary position is 2B

Obviously has injury concerns, but could be signed for peanuts. At the very least he replaces Getz, but optimistically he gets healthy and can give us at least average production

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Lineup May21st:
Reyes
Melky
Bautista
Lind (dh)
EE
Francisco
Lawrie
Navarro
Gose

Hutch v Buchholz

---

Oooh. I stand corrected, good sir. I stand by my original screw Farrell and Red Sox tone, however. Lol

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Samardzija would be a great addition.

Buerhle
Samardzija
Dickey
Hutch
Happ

That's a great rotation for us moving forward.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
.......and the cubs blow it in the 9th

Poor Samardzija the guy has an era of 1.50 and is still winless

:laugh: Shark has the worst run support and luck so far...

Like at the beginning month going a complete game, giving up 0 runs ... And getting a no decision :facepalm:

He's given up 2 runs over 27 innings in his last 4 starts, including 3 of those starts without giving up a run ... Yet no wins

weems

Jul 3, 2008
BoH63ueIYAEx8Wg.jpg

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
If Norris keeps this up much longer, I might move him ahead of Sanchez on the prospect charts.

If we're going to go all in on a pitcher, I'm hoping it's Cole Hamels. Fastball velocity is the same this year as it was in his rookie season (it's actually 0.1 MPH faster) and his peripherals look solid to me.

Owed $90M over next 4 seasons plus team and vesting options for 2019. Not picking up next year's options for Morrow, McGowan and Santos should cover most of that for next year and we'd have Romero off the books the year after.
Just as an FYI Romero only has a team option for next year with a 1.5 million buyout. Man if he had kept up his game that contract would have been an incredible steal. Really sucks he fell apart so early in his career

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Just as an FYI Romero only has a team option for next year with a 1.5 million buyout. Man if he had kept up his game that contract would have been an incredible steal. Really sucks he fell apart so early in his career

I think we owe him one more year at 7.5M :cry: then we can pick up 2016 at 13.1M or 600K buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany