Blue Jays Discussion: Dioner Navarro: The Anti-JP continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 5m
Stroman: "I have no idea. I'm kind of on hold. I'm just waiting." #Bisons #Bluejays

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 3m
Stroman: "there's a chance I might be taking a car service out of here soon to go up there but other than that, I really don't know."

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 3m
Stroman says he knows he's not pitching tonight and his agent has told him to just hang on and see what happens. #Bisons #bluejays

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 29m
Plot thickens.....Marcus Stroman has arrived and is long-tossing in right field...Stay tuned #Bisons #Bluejays

This is weird.

LOL social media :) some sorta communication breakdown obviously.

Scion

May 25, 2012
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 1m
Stroman: "I have no idea. I'm kind of on hold. I'm just waiting." #Bisons #Bluejays

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If he's coming up it better be to pitch in Hendricks spot in the rotation next Tuesday. None of this Bullpen stuff anymore, and then need a couple weeks to stretch him out again.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Where was that throw last night Reyes :(

:(
it's okay - i think the more important thing is how we bounce back, yes? like if we win - we can get the rubber match and keep on trucking :) better against Kansas than against a divisional rival.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Kiley McDaniel came out with his 2nd mock draft today.

At 9 -- you guessed it, Turner. I'm not buying the Jays will take him until y'know they take him. His analysis:

ANALYSIS: Toronto has been tied to lots of players, a function of their history of aggressively chasing upside and/or tough signs while also having lots of scouts and two picks in the top 11. There's a rumor they've already cut a deal with Touki Toussaint at the 11th spot, as they aren't worried the Mets will take him. The Jays are rightfully worried that the Mets may take Turner, because they absolutely would, so they take him here. Sean Reid-Foley, Grant Holmes, Newcomb, Pentecost and Finnegan have all been mentioned here as well.

Toussaint at 11:

ANALYSIS: The long-rumored Toussaint pick is a well-known rumor here, though a late rumor I heard last night has Virginia closer Nick Howard in play here well under slot, as many teams think he can start, but could also rush to the big leagues as a reliever. This is believed to be Jeff Hoffman's floor if he gets this far.

Canadian prep RF Gareth Morgan has long been a target of the Blue Jays and Phillies and they likely need to take him in the 2nd round to get him.

http://sbb.scout.com/story/1407185-2014-mlb-draft-mock-v2-0?s=381

Last edited:

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Jonathan Mayo mock draft:

9. Toronto Blue Jays: Trea Turner, SS, North Carolina State
This is just a flip-flop of the two projected Blue Jays picks from my first mock Draft two weeks ago.
Mayo's last pick: Toussaint | Callis' last pick: Turner

11. Toronto Blue Jays: Touki Toussaint, RHP, Coral Springs Christian Academy (Fla.)
If ever there was a stronger connection between a player and a team, I haven't seen it. That always makes a prognosticator nervous.
Mayo's last pick: Turner | Callis' last pick: Toussaint

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb...md=20140530&content_id=77457338&vkey=news_mlb

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Looks like Toussaint will be a Blue Jay. I don't like the Turner pick. Hoffman along with Toussaint would give this franchise some deadly pitching depth in the minors. You can grab a SS in the 2nd round/3rd considering they like Gareth Morgan at that spot as well.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
20upxkj.gif

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Looks like Toussaint will be a Blue Jay. I don't like the Turner pick. Hoffman along with Toussaint would give this franchise some deadly pitching depth in the minors. You can grab a SS in the 2nd round/3rd considering they like Gareth Morgan at that spot as well.
In the draft projection they had they have Hoffman gone at 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00