Speculation: Dion Phaneuf: where is he?

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
There are always 20 guys left over this time of year with one or two names that stand out. This is Dion's time to shine as a former marquee player that bowed out early due to lack of interest. See also: Brian Boyle and Thomas Vanek.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
His career started out with a bang, posted his 4 highest point totals of his career in his first 4 seasons.
Now going out with little fan fare at all.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Banging his hot wife on a bed made of money and enjoying his 30s as a multimillionaire

I wonder what it would be like to be Dion Phaneuf....

tumblr_inline_p7b4571rHl1tg5wat_500.gif

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Wow. I never saw that video before.

So funny.

________

Speaking of Dion, there's got to be a Dion Phaneuf Hat Trick:

-A give away

-Missing a check completely

-Putting a team mate out for the season with a Slapshot.

Or as Pierre Macguire would say...'THAT'S A TRIPLE DION!"

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Surprised he hasn't got a PTO. Guy's had a pretty good career. In the right environment he could be productive again.

Is this based on name recognition only? I just read you say Russell is past his best before date and yet you feel Phaneuf has something to offer? One’s a decent 5/6 and ones a complete washout.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
There are always 20 guys left over this time of year with one or two names that stand out. This is Dion's time to shine as a former marquee player that bowed out early due to lack of interest. See also: Brian Boyle and Thomas Vanek.

Boyle is still useful as last season showed. He is obviously holding out for the right situation for him and his family at this point in his career.

Phaneuf on the other hand would be a depth PTO guy at best.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
He’s made a ton... I wouldn’t be thrilled about a PTO or a league minimum deal either.

He’ll probably hang them up unless a desperate team offers him a couple million. Otherwise, enjoy your money and smokeshow wife.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Area code on the ad is 705 so it must be northern/central Ontario

Edit: my sleuthing skills have led me to believe that this is in Barrie

So much Ontario in this picture for sure, but definitely Barrie

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I hope he signs another contract, just because this will be a sad way for a good career to end. People will always remember him in relation to his contract/expectations rather than what he was. I really hope he's not seen 10 years from now as a bad defenseman, because of the way it ended.

uhh I really doubt him signing a pto or on as a third pairing dman will redeem his career . unless he wins a smythe or something. he pretty much never lived up to his first few rookie years in calgary

but thats whatever the guy got to be the captain of the leafs , made a bunch of money and married an actress basically because he was amazing during his elc .

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Searching for Continuous Care Facilities so he can make an easy transition. Also auditioning for Pylon Modeling jobs and designing his new line of 'Enough Phaneuf'' Sportswear . . .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad