Speculation: Dion Phaneuf: where is he?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Honestly he should probably call it a career. He's had a decent career, running the last 5 years mostly just on his reputation and contract. He's been very average for a while. Bottom line is he can't skate fast enough for today's NHL.

I have a hard time seeing a team actually offer him a contract. Even on a 3rd pair I don't think it would workout at this point. No point in milking this any further IMO

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
His wife is currently starring in a series that she has been on for multiple years and continues to work steadily.
Yup. The Ranch is a hilarious TV series. Elisha Cuthbert is 36 but looks 26, somehow She keeps better looking every year.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
He will be in the Canadian spinoff of 'The Ranch' titled 'The Maple Tree Farm' about a washed up has been hockey player who returns home to find his familys maple tree farm in peril.....co-stars Elisha Cuthbert as his wife whom his brother steals from him, Ryan Reynolds as Dion's brother 'Rooster', Mike Myers as his dad, Eugene Levy as his uncle and Randy Carlyle as the town drunk.
Some ears perked up over at Crave

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Yup. The Ranch is a hilarious TV series. Elisha Cuthbert is 36 but looks 26, somehow She keeps better looking every year.
I guess 36 is Hollywood old but IRL, a 36 year old woman is right in the middle of her peak.

"In 2010, University of Texas psychologist Dr. Judith Easton asked 827 heterosexual women about the frequency and intensity of their sexual thoughts and fantasies, as well as their sexual habits, and found that the sexual imagination crested between the ages of 27 and 45."

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
34 years old doesn't necessarily mean you're done, but after am abysmal last season, a rumored attitude that typically rubs a lot of people the wrong way and legs that can't keep up anymore... it's probably time to call it a career. Dion's best years are behind him.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I guess 36 is Hollywood old but IRL, a 36 year old woman is right in the middle of her peak.

"In 2010, University of Texas psychologist Dr. Judith Easton asked 827 heterosexual women about the frequency and intensity of their sexual thoughts and fantasies, as well as their sexual habits, and found that the sexual imagination crested between the ages of 27 and 45."
Depends how you define "peak". Everyone's physical peak, genetically speaking, is through their 20s, and 30+ is where you start to see tendency toward decline.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Looking back, it's so hard to really get a sense of the level of defenseman Dion Phaneuf was for most of his career.

Came into the league looking like a Scott Stevens clone with his big hits, booming shot, glamorous numbers and was shipped to Toronto where he spent the bulk of his prime. But even as his situation wasn't very good around him, he wasn't offensively great later in his career and his defense could be quite sloppy and unreliable.

It's like he was basically your run of the mill second pairing defenseman who somehow fluked his way into being a big name, big reputation and a big paycheque.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

'
Yep She's still in her prime. I think Elisha looks better now than in 2004. A bit more curves made her look nicer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->