TSN Radio Did Cybulski get the boot?

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I love Tim and Sid. They are funny and keep the show moving at a good pace. Hayes is good but I'm not big on McLennan. Doug McLean and Kypreos make me crazy with their yelling and interruptions. As for Brady, I am kind of surprised someone hasn't told him to shut up about Detroit.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I love Tim and Sid. They are funny and keep the show moving at a good pace. Hayes is good but I'm not big on McLennan. Doug McLean and Kypreos make me crazy with their yelling and interruptions. As for Brady, I am kind of surprised someone hasn't told him to shut up about Detroit.

T&S play way too much hip hop for my liking and they talk about the damn Lakers all the friggin time. Marek and Wyshinski are way better than them.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
. As for Brady, I am kind of surprised someone hasn't told him to shut up about Detroit.
This. Is there a large media market anywhere that has the morning guy talk about the sports scene in one other specific city as much as him? I can't stand listening to Brady anymore.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
T&S play way too much hip hop for my liking and they talk about the damn Lakers all the friggin time. Marek and Wyshinski are way better than them.

I listen to them every day, and other than their hourly intro of a 10 second hip hop song, I don't know what you're talking about!

Todd Skill

Feb 17, 2012
I rate it like this

Morning shows are even. I flip between them

I like Blair better then MacArthur in the 9-12 slot

Hockey Central from 12-1 over Leafs Lunch

Leafs Lunch hour 2 and Hayes show over Tim and Sid

McCown over whom ever else

Both morning shows are awful. Fan needs to gun Brady, slide Tim and Sid in so they wipe out Richards. I enjoy Hayes, Hockey Central, and McCown has made a major comeback with me recently. I usually couldn't stand him. I actually didn't mind C-balls either.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Meh, I never really liked TSN Radio (probably because I'm also not a fan of their non-live coverage).

Sid & Tim always manage to get songs stuck in my head (like Gloria Stefan the day after the Jays mega-trade :D) and I actually like PTS.

MapleLeafGardens*

Brady is insufferable. Also Tim and Sid are really pissing me off. I wish they'd be replaced by Marek and Wyshinsky. Humble and Fred could replace those clowns in the morning.

This ^ totaly agree Marek should have gotten the 1-4 gig in the 1st place. Marek is not being used properly by Sportsnet.

Tim & Sid's childish idiotic not funny humor along with their annoying horns would work well on a high school radio station.

MapleLeafGardens*

I listen to them every day, and other than their hourly intro of a 10 second hip hop song, I don't know what you're talking about!

He's talkin' about the fact that Tim & Sid suck that's what he talkin' bout bro!

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Not sure if serious? "Today, on Day 103 of the NHL Lockout..."

If you ever want something amusing to read about the fanatical Canadian media during the lockout read this piece on Grantland: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8821249/the-media-nhl-lockout

Oh god its bad isn't it? No matter what amount of nothing happened it was almost always the lead story with a throw to a panel to discuss this nothing and what it meant. Gary could have sneezed and there would have been 5-10 minutes of discussion on it. Just about every time I watched sportscentre or connected that's what it was.

And grantland is a fantastic site.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
http://www.tsn.ca/Toronto/

Just looking in their line up, Mackowyck has the 9am show and Naylor now has the drive show.

Is he related to Richard Simmons?

Mackowyck talking hockey is embarassing. He has no clue and I find him incredibly annoying. How could they choose him? I cant believe it.

I could only tolerate that show to listen to the insiders like Dreger and Mackenzie at the top of the hour. Cybulski tried over and over to get Kadri to diss the Leafs, asking if he ever thinks about playing in other cities. Cybulski is a complete phony, he was trying to act like Kadri's friend yet get him in trouble. He tried to take advantage of the kid. He talked to Mark Hominick like a complete fool more than once. No respect for guys who fight.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013

Living in London, I don't catch TSN radio much.

I will say that my family and I just got back from vacation in Cuba. Long story short...I'm standing on the bech with my kids and recognized Tim from his days on The Score. I always enjoyed the score on the NFL. Anyway, I just wanted to say he is a great guy with a nice family.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Living in London, I don't catch TSN radio much.

I will say that my family and I just got back from vacation in Cuba. Long story short...I'm standing on the bech with my kids and recognized Tim from his days on The Score. I always enjoyed the score on the NFL. Anyway, I just wanted to say he is a great guy with a nice family.

Hi Sid:yo:

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Fan 590 Hockey Central has been lacking the past year or so the three just seem like d-bags now more then anything Bobcat is amazing though

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
He tweeted out last night about Raptors so maybe they just took him off Hockey and are leaving him to Basketball?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Tim and Sid are the best sports radio show in Canada (well, maybe second best next to PTS). I have been listening to them since their show was just a weekly podcast from The Score.

TSN Radio is a failure, if not for their awful programming, then for the simple fact that their signal is so terrible. I cant even get a clear signal from TSN Radio in Oshawa!

Marek and Wyshinski are just pedantic hockey nerds. They're okay as guest 'insiders' for one segment on another show, but I can't listen to them for any length of time. It is like listening to an hfboards thread.

I get the impression people who don't like Tim and Sid mainly just have a stick up their ass and are the type of people who think consumption of the entertainment known as professional sports is supposed to be super serious.

And you can tell Bob McCown really likes them by how often he has them on his show.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Cybulski just tweeted that he is leaving TSN entirely and that he has something on the horizon. It must be hard for these guys, there are only so many jobs out there for the kind of work they do and they usually have to move in order to get a new one.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Tim and Sid are the best sports radio show in Canada (well, maybe second best next to PTS). I have been listening to them since their show was just a weekly podcast from The Score.

TSN Radio is a failure, if not for their awful programming, then for the simple fact that their signal is so terrible. I cant even get a clear signal from TSN Radio in Oshawa!

Marek and Wyshinski are just pedantic hockey nerds. They're okay as guest 'insiders' for one segment on another show, but I can't listen to them for any length of time. It is like listening to an hfboards thread.

I get the impression people who don't like Tim and Sid mainly just have a stick up their ass and are the type of people who think consumption of the entertainment known as professional sports is supposed to be super serious.

And you can tell Bob McCown really likes them by how often he has them on his show.

TSN reception is horrid old my old truck in the Halton Hills area.

But blue lunch blows away HC by a country mile. I love the 2 hr format.

My free time and interest in sports has it wittled down to NHL full scope of the league, MLB but just the Jays and some curling.
Sprinkle in WJC and winter Olympics. Footy when big teams go head to head.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Can't stand Brady. Only in Toronto would they hire a Detroit fan to host the morning show and a Montreal/Winnipeg guy to do the 9 to noon show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad