TSN Radio Did Cybulski get the boot?

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Looks like it. He was terrible. I only listened when the "insiders" were on. Otherwise, he seemed so unprofessional, in that he was always talking as if he was still in high school.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
The Fan blows almost all these guys away. Cybulski always seemed too juvenile, but not as bad as Richards.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
He was awful. I've actually started listening to PTS again because of him and am almost starting to like McCown for the first time in quite awhile.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
Not a bad thing. I don't listen to TSN Radio and I was so glad when he stopped being an anchor on SportsCentre so he could go on the radio full-time.

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
Re: whoever mentioned mirtle

that guy is an arrogant mainstream reporter, comes off as if he is better than everyone else, cannot stand him

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
James Cybulski ‏@JamesCybulski

Holy smokes, @BobMackowycz! This snow storm in Toronto is crazy! Its wiped out our show!

This from 1 hour ago

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
hmmm. Cant say I'll miss him. Although I find it unfair that he got the boot while Mackowycz is still employed. I still have no idea what qualifies him to yak about sports.

Last edited:

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Bob Mackowycz ‏@BobMackowycz

So, changes are happening at TSN Radio. I want to say thanks for it all to my partner @JamesCybulski - a talented guy and a good friend.

Only guy I like at TSN radio is Bryan Hayes. He is great but the rest bore me.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
....and that 4-7pm timeslot is pretty brutal for anyone else in Toronto radio. McCown owns that time, and isnt slowing down anytime soon.

Last edited:

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
I am loving the McCown show as of late. Was never a fan, but for the past month I've been tuning in.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Why should we care what this Mackowycz guy has to say about sports? He comes off as extremely condescending, like his opinion is the only one that matters when he's on air with other people.

Cybulski is just awful. It always seemed like he tried too hard to be cool and relevant with the younger listeners. The whole show was a complete disaster. I think it's only a matter of time until Jay and Dan take over that spot. They were made to host a radio show.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I recall when TSN radio first hit the airwaves, there was some speculation about whether it was going to be strong competition for the FAN: I'm guessing that the bloom has fallen off the rose now? I don't seem to hear alot of good thing about TSN radio these days.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I rate it like this

Morning shows are even. I flip between them

I like Blair better then MacArthur in the 9-12 slot

Hockey Central from 12-1 over Leafs Lunch

Leafs Lunch hour 2 and Hayes show over Tim and Sid

McCown over whom ever else

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
I rate it like this

Morning shows are even. I flip between them

I like Blair better then MacArthur in the 9-12 slot

Hockey Central from 12-1 over Leafs Lunch

Leafs Lunch hour 2 and Hayes show over Tim and Sid

McCown over whom ever else

same, but i cannot stand greg brady most mornings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad