TSN Radio Did Cybulski get the boot?

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
I think Scott Macarthur is the best in TSNs lineup. I listen to him daily. The guy is funny, takes a heck of a lot more calls then the leafs lunch guys, reads a ton of twitter comments, and doesn't behave like an hfboards member.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
I am loving the McCown show as of late. Was never a fan, but for the past month I've been tuning in.

I have to ask why? He is terrible and knows nothing about sports. I honestly do not think he watches more than 5 minutes of the Toronto teams games.

I think it is because he is too busy with real life issues to spend his time watching sports.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I think Scott Macarthur is the best in TSNs lineup. I listen to him daily. The guy is funny, takes a heck of a lot more calls then the leafs lunch guys, reads a ton of twitter comments, and doesn't behave like an hfboards member.

Scott MacArthur was the guy who was broadcasting all over Toronto that the Islanders had picked up Tim Connolly off waivers. Many believe he was reading HFboards because someone mistakenly reported it here first.

He was using the Islanders historical Tim Connolly page and saying Connolly was on the active roster, before the waiver period was even over.

He lost a ton of credibility that day from me.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
I guess I'm in the minority but I didnt mind the Cybulski and CO show. Really depended on my mood whether i tuned into that or the Bob Macowen show. Bob can be dry at times, and I don't really care about stuff like horse racing.

It's true Cybulski was a less serious show than Bob Mac, but I think they purposely wanted to differentiate. We don't need two shows the same.

That said, Bob Mac > Cybulksi and that;s that.

RogerRoeper*

I hate Greg Brady. Dude thinks he's funny and he's not.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I rate it like this

Morning shows are even. I flip between them

I like Blair better then MacArthur in the 9-12 slot

Hockey Central from 12-1 over Leafs Lunch

Leafs Lunch hour 2 and Hayes show over Tim and Sid

McCown over whom ever else

Ugh, I can't listen to Hockey Central when Doug MacLean is on. He's constantly interrupting and talking over the other panel members and even guests. I find it literally unbearable to listen to.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
I have to ask why? He is terrible and knows nothing about sports. I honestly do not think he watches more than 5 minutes of the Toronto teams games.

I think it is because he is too busy with real life issues to spend his time watching sports.

I don't know.. I like Bob's dry sense of humour, I like that he says what's on his mind, I like that I can tune into Sportsnet One and actually watch him and his panel while they talk rather than hearing it solely on the radio. And I disagree, I believe he does know about sports.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I don't know.. I like Bob's dry sense of humour, I like that he says what's on his mind, I like that I can tune into Sportsnet One and actually watch him and his panel while they talk rather than hearing it solely on the radio. And I disagree, I believe he does know about sports.

He knows about some sports, but his hockey knowledge is really bad. He seems to latch onto the opinions of his fellow panel members and guests. There has been many occasions where I just shook my head while listening to him try to discuss the Leafs. You'd think he would at least try to educate himself about the most popular sports team in the city that he works in. He claims to not watch the Leafs because they aren't a good team. This is comparable to a lawyer saying he didn't bother researching a client's case before a hearing because he didn't find it interesting enough.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
He knows about some sports, but his hockey knowledge is really bad. He seems to latch onto the opinions of his fellow panel members and guests. There has been many occasions where I just shook my head while listening to him try to discuss the Leafs. You'd think he would at least try to educate himself about the most popular sports team in the city that he works in. He claims to not watch the Leafs because they aren't a good team. This is comparable to a lawyer saying he didn't bother researching a client's case before a hearing because he didn't find it interesting enough.

I agree about the hockey part. He's a baseball guy for sure.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

At least Bob admits he doesnt know a lot about the day to day operation of the Leafs. A large portion of Toronto media acts like they do but dont.

RogerRoeper*

Bob is a good interviewer, and he does know a lot about basketball. Hockey? He knows nothing. He admits he doesn't watch the sport, so I can't take his opinion seriously.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Cybulski was just average..won't even notice he is gone. Brady is just a dumb, ignorant, annoying corporate clown who, not only about sports, but is pretty clueless about many things in history and politics. Macowycz is dumbo as well.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

Because I don't need to listen to 3 hours of hockey talk to know the up and up of what's going on in the NHL.

He knows baseball, basketball and football fairly well, but he also will discuss the business side of sports, which I enjoy. When he has Stephen Brunt, Elliot Freidman and John Shannon I generally enjoy the show.

He gives a great interview and has great guests. It's not the here's x athlete who will give the same standard interview that everyone else gives, which I find boring.

Whether I agree or disagree with his personal opinions about things, he gets good discussion and debate going on his show. I especially enjoy the friday panel for that aspect. Very enjoyable show.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
I completely disagree about him knowing basketball. What incite does he provide? He wants all this credit for saying bargnani sucks but a lot of people have thought that.

Gryph

Apr 3, 2009
Winnipeg
Never liked Cybulski but also never listened to the show when McCowan was on. The guys I cant stand are Tim & Sid...they remind me of two drunk high school kids with their jokes and obnoxious horns. Is all sports radio in NA really this bad...or just in Toronto?

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
I really don't have favourites. Usually follow the leafs talk. Honestly, they could have a monkey there and if it could talk about the leafs then that's what I would be listening to. There could be a legendary sportscaster talking about golf and I would not be listening to them.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Bob is a good interviewer, and he does know a lot about basketball. Hockey? He knows nothing. He admits he doesn't watch the sport, so I can't take his opinion seriously.

I just find it unprofessional that he chooses to ignore the most popular sport in the country that he lives in and the most popular team in the city that he lives in. He should be an expert in the field he chooses to work in. It seems to me that he's just too arrogant to do something that he doesn't want to do.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I completely disagree about him knowing basketball. What incite does he provide? He wants all this credit for saying bargnani sucks but a lot of people have thought that.

He's not wrong though. He provides decent enough insight for me. But generally he will have good guests and discussion on basketball as a whole.

Persuasion

Feb 9, 2009
Ontario
Ugh, I can't listen to Hockey Central when Doug MacLean is on. He's constantly interrupting and talking over the other panel members and even guests. I find it literally unbearable to listen to.

I am quite the opposite. I am disappointed when he's not on! I find him hilarious and I enjoy his stories as a GM.

Cybulski always seemed like a frat boy to me. I remember how he was sucking up to Anselmi after Burke was fired (and McCown ripped him a new one immediately afterwards lol).

Goatman

Sep 20, 2009
London

He has been harping on Bargnani since he was drafted, and he's been right. I don't think you need to watch every minute of every game to know what's going.

Also I hate interviews with athletes, Bob very rarely has them on and that's great!

I listen to Hockey Central at Noon, and Maclean is definitely the week spot, I hate how he talks over people and he will be talking about something pertaining to hockey then mid sentence, switch over to talking about what he had for dinner last night, instead of finishing the thought. He's terrible, Mallard and Kypreos are good though.

Goatman

Sep 20, 2009
London
I am quite the opposite. I am disappointed when he's not on! I find him hilarious and I enjoy his stories as a GM.

Cybulski always seemed like a frat boy to me. I remember how he was sucking up to Anselmi after Burke was fired (and McCown ripped him a new one immediately afterwards lol).

Anselmi had to ask Cox for help! It was hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad