TSN Radio Did Cybulski get the boot?

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
I am quite the opposite. I am disappointed when he's not on! I find him hilarious and I enjoy his stories as a GM.

Cybulski always seemed like a frat boy to me. I remember how he was sucking up to Anselmi after Burke was fired (and McCown ripped him a new one immediately afterwards lol).

Same here. I find Kyper much more unbearable at times.

Darylman

Aug 1, 2009
I like the fact Cybulski was more freewheeling and easygoing, but I often found myself turning back to the FAN. Even if Bob knows nothing about hockey, he's just so much BETTER. Whoever said James was like a frat show is right imo, and it didn't come off well.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Omg i called this afew weeks ago after his lame attempts to get Kadri to say something controversial.
Hehe loving it
Cio Cybullshiatski

You Like Boyce

Mar 7, 2011
I really wanted to like their show but it was amateur hour and it didn't ever improve. The dynamic between Cybulski and Mackowycz was grating at best and unlistenable at worst. All they did was argue. James would make some idealistic statement about something and then Mackowycz would interrupt him, "James, James, come on...you can't be serious..." Nails on a chalkboard..

That's all it was. One of them says something and the other just plays devils advocate. When that is your entire schtick you're in trouble.

The only reason I think most people listen to them is for their guests, which they do nothing to arrange seeing as they work with them.

All in all they sounded like a couple of 'moneyball' reading, clueless dorks who were in over their head talking about sports.

Also I cannot stand Mackowycz, he does not belong in sports radio at all. Classic definition of talking out of your ass and not having a clue. Blehh.

They couldn't hold a candle to McCown who can actually converse with his co-hosts and guests about a range of topics. Swing-and-a-miss TSN.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
All Siegel is good for is reporting news. When it comes to actually giving analysis, he sucks at it.

I used to like Mirtle but he's been getting worse in quality as well.

Mirtle and Siegel are pretty much the best Toronto media has to offer. Not that it's really saying much, but I'll take them over most..

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
"[insert name] joins us right now...". rinse/repeat.

I, too, grew tired of Cybulski and Mackowitz and found myself choosing PTS on the drive home. Bob is pretty arrogant, etc. etc. but I still find the discussion to be of much greater "complexity" on PTS, especially with Friedman and John Shannon.

Brady and Lang in the morning is a pain to listen to. "aaaaaah. uhhhhhhh" every other second. Then again, Mike Richard s on TSN is a complete knob aside from the parodies.

Blue Lunch on TSN is better than Hockey Central because I cannot stand Millard on radio and McLean and Kypreos won't shut the hell up when others are talking. CONSTANTLY talking over each other, without fail. Plus, Jamie McLennan is really good on TSN radio.

Through all of this, I have discovered AM 820 (Funny 820) which has 24/7 comedy and makes for a better drive, even if I look like an idiot laughing in my car by myself LOL.

deuce457

Nov 28, 2010
Bob Mackowycz ‏@BobMackowycz

So, changes are happening at TSN Radio. I want to say thanks for it all to my partner @JamesCybulski - a talented guy and a good friend.

Only guy I like at TSN radio is Bryan Hayes. He is great but the rest bore me.

hayes is great at noon, i think its only a matter of time until sportsnet realizes how annoying mallard and kypreos are and replaces these guys.

not shocked cybulski is gone, it was about a month ago when the bobcat mentioned he would get more listeners then the competitors if he went to the top of the building and shouted into a megaphone. But dave naylor is certainly not the guy who is even going to make me consider listening to tsn radio.

deuce457

Nov 28, 2010
I have to ask why? He is terrible and knows nothing about sports. I honestly do not think he watches more than 5 minutes of the Toronto teams games.

I think it is because he is too busy with real life issues to spend his time watching sports.

i always find it funny when people say this.

the guys life has been spent on sports and the business of sports. my guess is that the bobcat has forgot more about sports than you will ever know.

deuce457

Nov 28, 2010
Because I don't need to listen to 3 hours of hockey talk to know the up and up of what's going on in the NHL.

He knows baseball, basketball and football fairly well, but he also will discuss the business side of sports, which I enjoy. When he has Stephen Brunt, Elliot Freidman and John Shannon I generally enjoy the show.

He gives a great interview and has great guests. It's not the here's x athlete who will give the same standard interview that everyone else gives, which I find boring.

Whether I agree or disagree with his personal opinions about things, he gets good discussion and debate going on his show. I especially enjoy the friday panel for that aspect. Very enjoyable show.

+1

mccown has been successful because he can speak on a wide range of sports. TSN radio has failed because they have put all of their eggs in to the hockey basket, plus cfl and nobody cares about cfl. there is only a certain amount of time one person can spend daily talking about the leafs and kessel not scoring a goal.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Tim and Sid, imo, own the 1-4 or whatever it is.

I thought the Laffey song was pretty funny when they did it this summer.

I always laughed at the Encarnacion song from Nacho Libre they used to play.

It was hilarious when they had Laffey on for an interview and he said he hated the Laffey Taffee song lol.

RogerRoeper*

Tim and Sid are great. Genuinely funny to listen to. I want my sports shows to be entertaining as well. That's why I hate Brady and that other dude. They try to be funny, but are so stiff and bomb horribly.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Because I don't need to listen to 3 hours of hockey talk to know the up and up of what's going on in the NHL.

He knows baseball, basketball and football fairly well, but he also will discuss the business side of sports, which I enjoy. When he has Stephen Brunt, Elliot Freidman and John Shannon I generally enjoy the show.

He gives a great interview and has great guests. It's not the here's x athlete who will give the same standard interview that everyone else gives, which I find boring.

Whether I agree or disagree with his personal opinions about things, he gets good discussion and debate going on his show. I especially enjoy the friday panel for that aspect. Very enjoyable show.
This x10,000... I know this is a hockey forum and the view will be skewed towards 25/8 hockey talk, but I get all the hockey talk I can handle before BobCat comes on.
On topic for this thread, god I hope C-Balls is gone- buddy was a hack came across like he was on college radio

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
Guess I'm the only one who flips to tsn radio after tim and sid to listen to Cybulski and co.. I can't go more then 20 min listening to McCown

JimmyPower

Apr 25, 2007
personally i did not enjoy cybulski but in fairness to 1050, in my opinion, overall tsn has better radio personalities... i dont enjoy listening to nick kypreos and doug maclean argue like school girls about almost every single topic brought up on hockey central, however from time to time i feel its bearable enough.. most of the time from 12-4, if theyre talking about hockey, im listening to hayes and maclennan :yo: ps. george rusick is a ****** bag... total leaf hater.. goes out of his way to hate on us and bashes anyone who has anything good to say about the team :shakehead

Drmckool

Truculence!
Jun 16, 2010
From the T.O
Guess I'm the only one who flips to tsn radio after tim and sid to listen to Cybulski and co.. I can't go more then 20 min listening to McCown

It might appear so, I can't stand TSN Radio at all, especially when they try and talk about the Blue Jays and don't even know anything about the team. I remember once I was listening and the host said "their manager, who was the only good thing going for the team was allowed to walk away and sign with the Red Sox," or "Why would this team trade all these prospects for players from losing teams?"

david999

Jan 21, 2011
god i hate canadian radio, hockey this hockey that. i mean, i love hockey but for god sakes theres 2 others major teams in the city.

You do realize the NHL started mid-January this year? How much hockey talk can there possibly have been since June/12? It was all Blue Jays, NFL and basketball until the NHL started.:rant:

MapleLeafGardens*

Cybulski was just average..won't even notice he is gone. Brady is just a dumb, ignorant, annoying corporate clown who, not only about sports, but is pretty clueless about many things in history and politics. Macowycz is dumbo as well.

This ^ hopefully that Leaf hateing Detroit nutswinging tool Greg Brady is next to go off Toronto airwaves followed by those 2 annoying high school level fools Tim & Sid.

Jim Tatti on TSN1050 at night is good.

I can't believe Cybullski was ever hired in the first place to go against McCown and i can't believe he lasted as long as he did just awful.

Nov 6, 2007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad