Rumor: (Dhaliwal) - Teams showing Interest in Adam Gaudette + Virtanen Update

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I like Virtanen and Guadette but there's no spot in the Boston lineup at all. They've got a lot of guys going and Debrusk and Kase are coming back. If the Bruins make a move for a forward, it will be for a legit top-line player, not a reclamation project.

This reads more like wishful thinking than something based on evidence or past experience. When has Sweeney ever gone after a "legit top-line player?" He's frequently gone after reclamation projects, and even more frequently gone after middle of the roster depth. Virtanen is exactly the kind of guy he'd go for.

Fwiw, I don't disagree with you, I'd prefer they get a play driving RW to play with Krejci, but historically it hasn't been Sweeney's M.O., unfortunately.

Last edited:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
This thread could also be titled "grown men acting keenly towards dog poop on the ground"

I'm a canucks fan, and wonder why apparently intelligent management would want our shit?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I feel like Anderson's success in Montreal is going to make another team do something stupid with Virtanen, despite Anderson's deal only being 12 games in and how historically bad those kind of contracts have gone.
I feel like the only man stupid enough to pull the trigger on something like that is already in possession of Virtanen.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Gaudette had some serious hype coming out of college. Does he use his size?

He's playing at 170 lbs this year.....

Gaudette has had some issues with retaining food, the issue was solved this summer and he's finally able to put on more weight.

I think Gaudette will need another year or two at most to fill out his body and gain the strength to go with his skills.

Gaudette can turn into something.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Exactly.

Problem is that if you watch Anderson, Virtanen's motor and smarts are fractional relative to Josh's.

It's a pro scouting failure for any team that requires Virtanen but everyone wants an Anderson.

Some team with shitty pro scouting will sell themselves on this dream of Virtanen.

tenor.png

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I don’t see why we’d bother trading Gaudette before we at least try him at RW in our top 6. Here we have a player who scored at a 45 point pace from the 3rd line last year, and makes under a million a year. He isn’t working great at 3C as he’s a bit too raw, but I don’t see why he can’t play on Horvat’s wing.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t see why we’d bother trading Gaudette before we at least try him at RW in our top 6. Here we have a player who scored at a 45 point pace from the 3rd line last year, and makes under a million a year. He isn’t working great at 3C as he’s a bit too raw, but I don’t see why he can’t play on Horvat’s wing.

I think this is because Green is sick of him.

Which is a damning incrimination of Benning and Aquilini.

BuresMafiaBuddies

Aug 22, 2020
How about we just fire Green and keep Jake?

It's clear since day 1 Green has a problem with Jake. He treats the kid different than every other player on the team. I'd rather us get rid of that goof and hire a capable coach who will put Jake into a position to succeed.

The kid is scared of making a mistake. Every time he does he's benched or scratched, meanwhile other guys can **** up night in night out and never get punished for it.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Keep Gaudette for a couple more years and see what he can turn into

Trade Virtanen for Bennett. Why? because it only makes sense for another Canuck to go to Calgary

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Surprised by that honestly would have thought the B’s roster to be near the cap. Do you know why DeBrusk was mentioned? Is he even remotely available?

A Jake for Jake trade would be insane, but there were rumors around DeBrusk at the draft. The speculation was that they would move DeBrusk for a pick and then add a free agent to replace. In the fan base there is frustration with stagnation in his development, but even with that stagnation, I take the 20-25 goal scorer over the 15 goal scorer. I do think DeBrusk could be available, if it makes the Bruins better today in their current window.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
How about we just fire Green and keep Jake?

It's clear since day 1 Green has a problem with Jake. He treats the kid different than every other player on the team. I'd rather us get rid of that goof and hire a capable coach who will put Jake into a position to succeed.

The kid is scared of making a mistake. Every time he does he's benched or scratched, meanwhile other guys can **** up night in night out and never get punished for it.

this is nonsense

green.... the guy that's repeatedly put him in the top six?

virtanens been given every opportunity under green.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
What is a reasonable return for Shotgun Jake?

prospect or a pick.

other gm's probably heard the news going around that Jim's job might be on the line, and some teams might want to take advantage of that, as some gms might be closer to him then the incoming new gm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad