Rumor: (Dhaliwal) - Teams showing Interest in Adam Gaudette + Virtanen Update

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't know why any team would give up anything more than a late round pick for Gaudette. He's a player that shows flashes here and there but is quiet way too often. Not to mention we don't really know if he's a center or winger in the NHL yet.

That said, it seems like our coach doesn't really know what to do with him so if they're planning on sticking with Green, it makes sense to ship Gaudette out.

-

As for Virtanen, he's probably a lot more tantalizing for other teams just because of the tools. But it's not like Benning is dealing from a position of strength here; everyone knows the Canucks are looking to shake things up and I don't know how much value the healthy scratch of a tire-fire team has especially at 2.55M.

On the other hand, Virtanen hasn't shown enough consistency to suggest he's ever going to become a regular contributor in Vancouver, so everyday we don't trade him is a day he gets older and his value declines.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I don't see why Debrusk was even mentioned. Is he on the outs in Boston?
Since DeBrusk has been out, Ritchie and Frederic have been playing on the 2nd and 3rd lines respectively and both have been playing well. I think that added to the fact DeBrusk's name was in the rumor mill back in October has people speculating, but I personally don't see the Bruins moving him especially for Virtanen.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
don't see how trading JV,is going to fix the issues with the Canucks..He is far from the issue thats going on there...
The management and coaching is the issue...Start from the top ,then start looking at players...

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I still think Virtanen will become a more useful player under the right coaching staff. Green keeps trying to make him something he's not, he's just not built to be a good who's always positionally sound. He needs some freedom to throw hits and get involved in the game physically and emotionally otherwise he just ends up floating around the ice, over-thinking about whether or not he's in the right position, or getting caught too far in the o-zone on the forecheck, or too long of a shift, etc. I could see Jake being a more effective player in Boston or on a team like Washington or St.Louis.

Offensively, I think he is what he's shown so far during his career, probably a 15 goal winger if given bottom 6 minutes, he has a decent shot to go along with his speed/size, but sucks at creating plays for his line mates.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Winnipeg could take a chance on Virtanen. We could actually use another top 9 winger since moving Laine and Roslovic and Maurice loves bigger physical forechecking type guys that can play dumb north south hockey.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I feel like Anderson's success in Montreal is going to make another team do something stupid with Virtanen, despite Anderson's deal only being 12 games in and how historically bad those kind of contracts have gone.

I think you are 100% right. NHL GMs can't help themselves when it comes to power forwards. Benning will likely fleece someone.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I like Virtanen and Guadette but there's no spot in the Boston lineup at all. They've got a lot of guys going and Debrusk and Kase are coming back. If the Bruins make a move for a forward, it will be for a legit top-line player, not a reclamation project.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Outside of cap space and a taker for Eriksson, what do the Canucks need for them?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He also mentioned the Canucks do not want to take any salary back what so ever.

tenor.gif

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I was hopeful... then I remembered Chiarelli doesn't work for Boston anymore. :laugh:

Seriously though, whats the story with Kase?

Concussion issues, significantly so. This latest concussion likely only happens to a player with such a history... and his head is always down!

Plenty talented but I doubt he ever stays healthy long enough to make that impact.

Reactions: Bruhin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad