Rumor: (Dhaliwal) - Teams showing Interest in Adam Gaudette + Virtanen Update

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
look who Gaudette has to play with for the love of God.. Sutter and Roussel..and we want more out of him..let's start by dumping the 2 garbage cans and getting him some players to play with..I'd play Gaudette with McEwen, and Jake...
then throw the other 2 to play with Beagle..

What I find is amusing is when an assembly of the canucks "championship' or at least 'playoff bound' lineup is proposed and it still lists Sutter, Roussel, and Beagle somewhere, on some line, doing something, nobody can objectively defend.

Any team that has any of these 3 in their lineup has no hope of winning a cup because they are taking up the space of superior players that, on a cost placement basis, are cheaper than 'the 3 Amigo of the Apocalypse'.

Last edited:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Not true at all. Pens can offload a D-man in a separate trade for picks and prospect. Though, if the Canucks can also use a solid defensive D-man, I offer up Dumoulin for both.
I don't argue the value at all, but the Canucsk don't have a need for another LHD, especially at that $. If he were RHD, you ,may have had a deal.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't argue the value at all, but the Canucsk don't have a need for another LHD, especially at that $. If he were RHD, you ,may have had a deal.

Yeah, that we don't have a RD to spare at the moment. Once everyone is healthy they'll need to offload a LD.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
From the wings for both gaudette and Virtanen

to Detroit:

gaudette
Virtanen

to Vancouver:

Cholowski
Gagner
Biega
NYR 2021 2nd round pick
DET 2021 4th round pick

thoughts

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah, that we don't have a RD to spare at the moment. Once everyone is healthy they'll need to offload a LD.

Not to completely contradict @BCNate (I think an RHD of the same mold would be better), but I I'd be in. The main reason I'd be in would be to bump another LHD or two down to Utica, like we just did for Rathbone, instead of wasting them on our taxi squad. Benn can do that for us.

I'd be alright with Virtanen and Roussel for Dumoulin and either Ceci or Sceviour for cap purposes, which makes it very close to neutral, cap wise.

From the wings for both gaudette and Virtanen

to Detroit:

gaudette
Virtanen

to Vancouver:

Cholowski
Gagner
Biega
NYR 2021 2nd round pick
DET 2021 4th round pick

thoughts

That's a lot of stuff coming back that doesn't really add value.

Really the second is the only thing shiny we get back, Gagner, Biega and even Cholowski (because of the number of similar LHD in our system) are all roster dumps.

McIsaac, Svechnikov, Ryan (cap/roster....it can be who ever, I just flat out don't care for Gagner) and what ever the middlest 2nd round pick (which will probably be New Yorks) you guys have is would do fine for both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad