Devon Toews is underpaid

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Making his season debut right now. Pretty quiet start, not a lot of ice-time. Was creating Avalanche powerplay goal (which officially wasn't a powerplay goal since the penalty had just expired), but one too many passes took his assist away.

This can only get better from here.

After two periods, very little ice-time (14:39), only 20 shifts and a +1 rating. Clearly the shoulder is slowing him down, but I guess it was expected.

Last edited:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Making his season debut right now. Pretty quiet start, not a lot of ice-time. Was creating Avalanche powerplay goal (which officially wasn't a powerplay goal since the penalty had just expired), but one too many passes took his assist away.

After two periods, very little ice-time (14:39), only 20 shifts and a +1 rating. Clearly the shoulder is slowing him down, but I guess it was expected.
Odd bump.

He’s going to end up playing 23 minutes in his first game back.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Devon Toews is looking like a stud out there for the Colorado Avalanche and will only cost 4.1M for another 3 seasons. What a coup by Joe Sakic to get him for only a couple of draft picks.

GP: 24, G:4, A:11, PTS: 15, +\-: 13, PIM: 4

Like the Avalanche needed even more talent on the back end to go with Makar, Byram, and Girard.

If you feel sorry for him, start a "GoFundMe" page for him...

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

Almost 15 minutes in 2 periods is pretty much what he would have played last season :huh:

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Slightly better game against Canucks than against Blue Jackets.
upload_2021-11-12_11-35-31.png

He missed a pass from Compher and that turned into Canucks opening goal.

Ice-time still isn't really what it should be, but getting a bit better.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
And now they cut his ice-time again. I think it is some kind of injury that is slowing him down.

21:23 is almost five minutes down from last game, that's really disappointing. One goal tonight and a +4 so far.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No pro athlete is overpaid. For Pete's sake, career AHL guys that get NHL deals get $70,000 at least a year to play hockey for a living, which is good money to not have to be a factory worker/minimum wage worker/etc and getting to do something most of them love to do.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
And now they cut his ice-time again. I think it is some kind of injury that is slowing him down.

21:23 is almost five minutes down from last game, that's really disappointing. One goal tonight and a +4 so far.

You don't need to run your defensemen into the ground in a 6-2 game. Makar led the defense in ice time with a whopping 21:40. Toews was second.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

Lol….that’s plenty of TOI you’re being ridiculous…

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Imagine if the Avs are ever actually healthy.
Imagine is a perfect word here bc it’s not going to happen anytime soon. The Avs are loosing a player every game or two. It’s laughable tbh. I’m aware other teams deal with injuries but it seems to be a an ongoing issue season after season. Without looking at injury games lost, I can only think of the Penguins that’s dealt with the amount and level of importance players going down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad