Devon Toews is underpaid

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is he actually good or is this just another Avalanche hyping their players thread like with MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen, Duchene, O'Reilly, Forsberg, Sakic, Roy etc.
An argument can be made that he’s been their best defenseman this year. Given that they have Girard and Makar that’s pretty impressive.

Reactions: Quarrth

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Devon Toews is looking like a stud out there for the Colorado Avalanche and will only cost 4.1M for another 3 seasons. What a coup by Joe Sakic to get him for only a couple of draft picks.

GP: 24, G:4, A:11, PTS: 15, +\-: 13, PIM: 4

Like the Avalanche needed even more talent on the back end to go with Makar, Byram, and Girard.
It was a brilliant trade. Jealous af

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
He's been their most consistent player and arguably their MVP this season aside from Grubauer. He's exceeded even my wildest expectations so far. Guy is an absolute gamer; still can't believe he only cost two 2nds

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That's good, because two overpaid Toews's wouldn't be good for NHL:sarcasm:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
[MOD]

Oh plz. On HFboards all the Canadian teams(especially TOR and EDM) get WAY too much hype and attention compared to the American teams. It’s just a fact. It feels like 50% of the content is Leafs and Oilers related. I understand why(obviously)...but still it’s a valid reason for criticism when compared to other fan sites. It’s refreshing to see a team from Colorado get as much hype and respect as the Leafs FOR ONCE. Wish it happened more often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I've noticed people getting particularly salty around any Avs related post on the mains lately, I guess it's information overload for some.
People said the Avs were good this off-season,

so when they have a down stretch + injuries like 70% of the league in a crap year suddenly they’re not great lol.

they were overhyped by people saying they were THE cup favorite, but healthy and get going in the season and they’re definitely a great team. Their depth players are really solid under those stars, and with a healthy Makar their D group is solid

To the thread, Devon Toews was really good for the Isles but he can truly shine in the Avs system. It’s pretty much the perfect team for him, the isles were really unlucky having to give him up (not that he was their only guy obviously)

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
He was more of a second pairing guy with the Islanders, but is flourishing getting top pair minutes with the Avs. He’s in the perfect system to accentuate his skills.

I also think his ceiling was kind of still unknown last year. He broke into the league late and had only played 116 NHL games before this season. At 27-years old he’s realizing his potential as a top pair caliber defenceman.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Oh plz. On HFboards all the Canadian teams(especially TOR and EDM) get WAY too much hype and attention compared to the American teams. It’s just a fact. It feels like 50% of the content is Leafs and Oilers related. I understand why(obviously)...but still it’s a valid reason for criticism when compared to other fan sites. It’s refreshing to see a team from Colorado get as much hype and respect as the Leafs FOR ONCE. Wish it happened more often.
Right, pretty much Canada + pens and one or two other American teams consistently, a bunch of teams don’t get talked about. It’s refreshing; the hurricanes are another team that should get more hype. Theyre almost the bolts minus vasi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->