Friedman: Devils willing to trade 18th or 20th 1st Round Pick

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Virtanen had more goals last season than any player currently on NJ's roster other than Palmieri. Their roster is insulting.

take your L and move on. It was a horrid offer.

if picks are dice rolls maybe the Rangers will trade you #1 for Virtanen?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I'm not even sure I'd trade one of the picks for him let alone both
How about mantha to Montreal - New Jersey’s 18th and 20 th to Detroit - Montreal’s 16th , Montreal’s 2nd rounder and mete to New Jersey

actually you can take a pick between mete juulsen or fleury

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
How about mantha to Montreal - New Jersey’s 18th and 20 th to Detroit - Montreal’s 16th , Montreal’s 2nd rounder and mete to New Jersey

actually you can take a pick between mete juulsen or fleury

NJ has multiple defenders like Mete and is about to add another one in Smith. Beyond that I’m not sure your proposal does anything for NJ.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
NJ has multiple defenders like Mete and is about to add another one in Smith. Beyond that I’m not sure your proposal does anything for NJ.
Ok Upgrading your 18th pick your the 16 pick has value . Taking into account the modest jump from 18 to 16 what would New Jersey be looking for for the 20 th then ?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ok Upgrading your 18th pick your the 16 pick has value . Taking into account the modest jump from 18 to 16 what would New Jersey be looking for for the 20 th then ?

in 2016 NJ moved down a slot with OTT abs it was worth a third round pick I believe. I’m not sure in this draft that moving up 2 slots makes sense in a vacuum unless some player NJ really wants falls. As I noted earlier I think NJ is looking for some sort of lopsided deal for a young wing or defender. NJ’s new GM seems aware the team is small and soft and I expect any trade to take that into account.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
in 2016 NJ moved down a slot with OTT abs it was worth a third round pick I believe. I’m not sure in this draft that moving up 2 slots makes sense in a vacuum unless some player NJ really wants falls. As I noted earlier I think NJ is looking for some sort of lopsided deal for a young wing or defender. NJ’s new GM seems aware the team is small and soft and I expect any trade to take that into account.
Ok I’m doubtful we would get Detroit to go for this anyway but for the heck of it let’s say they would . Obviously you have no problem with going from 18 to 16 . Now to work on the 20 th . I don’t know about the lopsided part but I’ll try to do the opposite of small and soft

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I notice with your goaltending there’s not a lot of depth to . If Detroit accepted the 18th and 20 th for mantha , we give you the 16th, Montreal’s 2nd, your choice of juulsen /fleury plus your choice of Lindgren ( ufa in one year ) or mcniven ( rfa in one year ) . ? Both fleury and juulsen are physical .

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I notice with your goaltending there’s not a lot of depth to . If Detroit accepted the 18th and 20 th for mantha , we give you the 16th, Montreal’s 2nd, your choice of juulsen /fleury plus your choice of Lindgren ( ufa in one year ) or mcniven ( rfa in one year ) . ? Both fleury and juulsen are physical .

I don't know, maybe it's fine there's just a lot of players in there I don't know a lot about. Why not cut NJ out entirely and deal directly with Detroit for Mantha? 16th, like you said, has more value than either of the Devils's picks, they need defenders (they just traded for Marc Staal for crying out loud) and you're sweetening it with a 2nd.

#16, Mete, MTL 2nd as the main pieces in the trade?

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Again that's your opinion on why he played on the 4th line. Everyone has an opinion.
You don't have a clue on what i expect. He easily gets a 1st rd pick. He won't go for that little unless we are talking 10 and under..

Then you’ll keep your 4th line center because I don’t see anyone dishing out anything of importance for a guy who’s trying to dictate where he should play in the lineup. Suzuki is your new #1 center, Danault and KK should be playing as the 2nd and 3rd center which leaves Domi as their last option.

Domi is actually a solid player but this past season knocked his value at an all time low and Gm’s are going to lowball Bergevin.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I don't know, maybe it's fine there's just a lot of players in there I don't know a lot about. Why not cut NJ out entirely and deal directly with Detroit for Mantha? 16th, like you said, has more value than either of the Devils's picks, they need defenders (they just traded for Marc Staal for crying out loud) and you're sweetening it with a 2nd.

#16, Mete, MTL 2nd as the main pieces in the trade?
Detroit wouldn’t and I can’t blame them really. Mantha has been just unlucky injury wise .

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Feel terrible for the kid, always hurt

That sucks. Sometimes I take pleasure in other teams stumbling, but I hate when highly rated draft picks bomb because it sucks for the player, their family, their team, their fans and sometimes you gotta put yourself in another persons shoes and walk a mile right?

I'll have to look him up as I've not kept up with him for some time.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Nolan Patrick for 18 or 20th overall? I'm assuming he hasn't panned out?

He was out this past season with migraines (the ENTIRE season). No one's fault - it just is what it is. The hope is that he'll rebound and not have these issues next year. The year before, he was looking quite good actually considering it was his 2nd year.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Hard pass.

We just aren't in a position to trade any NHL-quality defensemen, unless we're getting stupid value. This isn't it.

Dunn + Bozak + 3rd for 20OA has been kicked around and accepted by both sides.
I wouldn't touch this if I'm New Jersey. I admittedly did not watch many Blues games during the season, but Dunn looked absolutely atrocious in the playoffs.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If NJ was ever offered Mantha for #18, they should 100% take that.

3 years ago: .60 point pace
2 years ago: .60 point pace
1 year ago: .72 point pace
this year: .88 point pace

Just turned 26 and is a RFA...sign him for his 26-31 or 32 year old seasons is perfect. Big scoring winger to pair with Hughes or Nico.

But I don't see DRW doing that in any way.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Gaudreau for 18, 20 and ?
j2v2P9w.gif

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If NJ was ever offered Mantha for #18, they should 100% take that.

3 years ago: .60 point pace
2 years ago: .60 point pace
1 year ago: .72 point pace
this year: .88 point pace

Just turned 26 and is a RFA...sign him for his 26-31 or 32 year old seasons is perfect. Big scoring winger to pair with Hughes or Nico.

But I don't see DRW doing that in any way.
If New Jersey offered 18 and 20 for mantha would detroit to that ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad