Friedman: Devils willing to trade 18th or 20th 1st Round Pick

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
You can't really believe that, right? I mean, thats some massive over valuing of a first round pick. The Pens just had to give up #15 plus one of their better prospects for Kapanen...

The pens made a dumb trade for Kapanen, so that doesn’t set the bar for other teams, just like we stole Hall from Edmonton and that didn’t set the bar for 2nd pairing dmen returning top line players.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
A) if the pick(s) are traded, they should be traded first and foremost for a DMan
B) if the pick(s) are traded, I would hope we could get a better player than Mantha (even if we have to pay more)

if not, rather just make all 3 of our first round picks ourselves.

Thank you. My motivation for the proposal was that I think Mantha is a 30 goal scorer. Just needs some(and in some, like not Detroit talent) talent around him.

IMO he'd be the perfect piece next to either Hischier or Hughes.

If you're not interested in the deal, then that's cool with me.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Just for fun.
To NJ
Nylander
Dermott

To TOR
Severson
18th overall pick

NJ gets a top 6 forward and a potential top 4 d man
TOR gets some cap relief , a RHD & decent pick

Hard pass.

We just aren't in a position to trade any NHL-quality defensemen, unless we're getting stupid value. This isn't it.

20th + Okhotyok for Dunn

Dunn + Bozak + 3rd for 20OA has been kicked around and accepted by both sides.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Whatever makes you sleep at night buddy.

Domi was demoted to the 4th line because he couldn’t beat out KK and Suzuki and his defensive game is horrible.

Domi isn’t going to get the return you’re expecting and especially not a 1st round pick.

Again that's your opinion on why he played on the 4th line. Everyone has an opinion.
You don't have a clue on what i expect. He easily gets a 1st rd pick. He won't go for that little unless we are talking 10 and under..

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
His comment has more to do with the Devils' "best practices" should be with these first rounders rather than Mantha's value in a vacuum.

Which would've been abundantly clear had you continued to read.

Literally half of his point was that he thinks the picks can be used to get a better player than Mantha. Thanks for playing.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Mantha is a fine player

he is 26 already and due a new contract. I would not be THAT upset if we traded 20th for him but I would hope to aim higher

I WOULD be pissed if we traded 18 and 20 for him.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad