Nylander
Dermott

To TOR
Severson
18th overall pick

NJ gets a top 6 forward and a potential top 4 d man
TOR gets some cap relief , a RHD & decent pick
I don't think the Leafs do that even if you throw in the 20th
They can get better offer from other teams.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Keeping in the spirit of other posts...
Laine for 7+18+Hughes
D Strome for 20

Everyone’s happy
:sarcasm:
Devils wouldn't trade Hughes for Laine. Laine would be the player they would like to put on Hughes wing. Every Laine trades to NJ dies once Winnipeg insists on Hughes or Hischier as the return. Adding two first on top of it ....

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
No your post is ridiculous. The only time he played with decent linemates he put up 72 points. He is only 25. If he was even 28 then that one season would be an outlier. GM's would base their offer on what they think he is going to bring them. While he isn't good defensively he was a +20 in his 72 point season.
so he needs good linemates to carry him to 70 points?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
To Jersey
Nylander
Johnson
Dermott
2020 2nd (44 overall)

To toronto
7th overall
20th overall
Wood ( if necessary for cap)

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Do you really believe that he was dropped to the 4th because he didn't want to play wing?
Do you really believe that Domi wouldn't have jumped at the chance to play W on one of the top 2 lines during the playoffs?
See that's the difference on what we believe.

If that’s the case, it’s even worse because the coaching staff actually believed that Domi on the 4th line was the best possible slot for him to play and help the team win games.

Regardless of your stance on the matter, it’s nothing positive for Domi or his value on the market.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
To Jersey
Nylander
Johnson
Dermott
2020 2nd (44 overall)

To toronto
7th overall
20th overall
Wood ( if necessary for cap)
#7 is not on offer
nylander is a great regular season player, but i am not a fan.
i don't know johnson. jack johnson?
dermott and a 2nd. just missing bracco for a classic offer

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
If that’s the case, it’s even worse because the coaching staff actually believed that Domi on the 4th line was the best possible slot for him to play and help the team win games.

Regardless of your stance on the matter, it’s nothing positive for Domi or his value on the market.

No i believe that Domi wasn't fully ready for the playoffs health wise and that had a lot to do with his play .
For that reason i don't believe that the playoffs Hurt his value. Just the opposite.

Being diabetic and not totally in shape because of the covid, Only gets the NHL's ok to play at the last minute and he still comes in and plays even when asked to play on the 4th line because of all what has happened, proves to me his character. I hope we keep him.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Jack on his ELC plus another top 10 pick on an ELC is worth significantly more than Laine who needs a huge contract in a couple years even with Jack having proved nothing yet. In this economy, at least.

Devils wouldn't trade Hughes for Laine. Laine would be the player they would like to put on Hughes wing. Every Laine trades to NJ dies once Winnipeg insists on Hughes or Hischier as the return. Adding two first on top of it ....
I’m just going to assume you missed the “:sarcasm:” in my post and move on because I really have zero inclination or time to deal with people who either don’t know or refuse to accept what sarcasm is.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The thing is...there's no pressure here for Fitzgerald.

His group is super young, super raw and sure, they need some help. And yeah, they are almost nearing the point of having too many prospects in the system. But in a brutal cap situation where the last three cup winners have all been different teams and the league is now wide wide open...he's got a lot of leverage. The pool of trade partners is nearly every team in the league.

I'm thinking the trade could end up being much bigger than 18th for a young mid-pair D / middle six winger.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
No i believe that Domi wasn't fully ready for the playoffs health wise and that had a lot to do with his play .
For that reason i don't believe that the playoffs Hurt his value. Just the opposite.

Being diabetic and not totally in shape because of the covid, Only gets the NHL's ok to play at the last minute and he still comes in and plays even when asked to play on the 4th line because of all what has happened, proves to me his character. I hope we keep him.

Whatever makes you sleep at night buddy.

Domi was demoted to the 4th line because he couldn’t beat out KK and Suzuki and his defensive game is horrible.

Domi isn’t going to get the return you’re expecting and especially not a 1st round pick.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Whatever makes you sleep at night buddy.

Domi was demoted to the 4th line because he couldn’t beat out KK and Suzuki and his defensive game is horrible.

Domi isn’t going to get the return you’re expecting and especially not a 1st round pick.

You can't really believe that, right? I mean, thats some massive over valuing of a first round pick. The Pens just had to give up #15 plus one of their better prospects for Kapanen...

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
You can't really believe that, right? I mean, thats some massive over valuing of a first round pick. The Pens just had to give up #15 plus one of their better prospects for Kapanen...

To be fair, consider who is actually the Pen’s GM-Rutherford. When was the last time he didn’t trade his 1st rd pick? He was desperate to keep his team relevant so he paid a price no other GM would for Kapanen.

Reactions: Taylors lost step

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Thoughts on Casey Mittlestadt? Not sure if Buffalo would be ready to move on from him at only 21 but maybe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad